California Gas Prices

I know it's a lot for you guys but remember us poor people on this side of the Atlantic. Current price here is $8.04 per US gallon !!!

But what's the exchange rate? $8.04 not exactly comparable because it's not purchased in dollars.

- Dreams

P.S. I dont think anyone has forgotten you. :goodvibes

I'm glad I figured $4.50/gal. I'll have money left over...and that never happens.

We are paying around 3.60 per gal unleaded. That is what I put in my car. My husband has always used Chevron in the van so for that "BAM" ther goes my savings. Chevron gas is near 4.15 now.

I use maybe a tank a month in my car and way less in husbands. ( He is retired)

To save my daughter -who lives right behind us-- picks me up Fridays and we do our shopping together. That sure helps and she is happy I buy lunch she pays for gas and I am one getting better deal. Who would have thought we would see that day.

Anyway I feel for you that are paying big bucks for gas. I can only figure the stations over head must be very high as they all pay pretty much same as other areas.

Oh, and Skiingfast---That is not a bad idea. But not sure those little wheels on my luggage can take being pulled 800 miles then 800 back home.

Patty

You can always keep an eye out on the website gasbuddy.com

Maybe conservation will start at $5 a gallon. Hope the price goes up more. Do not buy it if you do not like the price....

Ride a bike, it is great exercise. Just buy a good bike, not a walmart junker

1 gallon of gas which is pumped out of the gulf of Mexico with billion dollar floating drill rigs, shipped 1000s of miles on very expensive oil tankers, processed in a billion dollar refinery, and trucked to its destination = $4.50 / gallon

1 gallon of coke which is 99% water + high fructose corn syrup, both of which cost pennies = $17.86 / gallon at Disneyland.

Now which is the better bargain? I would argue that gas is still very cheap.

1 gallon of gas which is pumped out of the gulf of Mexico with billion dollar floating drill rigs, shipped 1000s of miles on very expensive oil tankers, processed in a billion dollar refinery, and trucked to its destination = $4.50 / gallon

1 gallon of coke which is 99% water + high fructose corn syrup, both of which cost pennies = $17.86 / gallon at Disneyland.

Now which is the better bargain? I would argue that gas is still very cheap.

Actually $17.86 gallon of Coke make too much sense... Compare it to a bottle of Dasani Water at the same $17.86/gallon... 100% water straight from the same source as the tap in your home!

Holy cow where are you that it is so cheap? :(

Tucson. Our trip in Oct ran 'about' $150 for fuel, (round trip)
We can make it to Anaheim in just over 1/2 tank. (I've got a 45gal tank)
The way things are goin,it's gonna run us $300 in Dec of 12. :sad2:

It costs us at least 30 bucks in gas to drive there and back and we're less than 60 miles away. Not bad but much more than I'd like. I am just dreading gas prices this summer if something doesn't change.

I live in the Inland Empire about an hour from DLR.
I have to buy Diesel and it's $4.59 a gallon!:scared1:
It really is getting expensive.

Ouchies! We are driving from CO in Oct - I really do not want to know how much it will be by then :eek: I am saving points in one of my rewards programs to redeem for gas cards - have $100 so far, guess I have to work harder :rolleyes1

Is there a site to guesstimate how much it would be to drive from one place to another? I think Google had something like that, off to find it! (yep I kinda answered my own question) :surfweb:

Oh and I just saw $3.99 overe here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter