• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill 50th Anniversary Special Dining?

Disney Website says 'California Grill is currently unavailable for bookings after October 2 as we create a special dining experience for the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort. '
Any rumors/news on what it might be? When reservations may open?
I wonder if they are going to renovate the restaurant first, then announce the special dining.

Hoping its something we want to do.
CG is one of the few restaurants we go to every trip and were looking to going back in October.
Waiting for more information to see what this will be.
Really hoping they don't screw up an amazing restaurant or price it ridiculously expensive.

Last time I went there, it was called Top of the World...
Different place.
California Grill is the restaurant/lounge at the top of the Contemporary.
Top of the World Lounge is at the top of Bay Lake Towers and is DVC only. It was really fun the times we have been there

Different place.
California Grill is the restaurant/lounge at the top of the Contemporary.
Top of the World Lounge is at the top of Bay Lake Towers and is DVC only. It was really fun the times we have been there
The restaurant was originally called Top of the World. It wasn’t changed to California Grill until the mid 90s. Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake was named in honor of the original restaurant.
I assume OP was joking that they haven’t been to the location since before the rename in the 90s:)

The restaurant was originally called Top of the World. It wasn’t changed to California Grill until the mid 90s. Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake was named in honor of the original restaurant.
I assume OP was joking that they haven’t been to the location since before the rename in the 90s:)
And for a while they had a dinner show called Broadway at the Top; nice rendition of various broadway shows while dining at Top of the World;

Side note, but The Wave is also not accepting reservations for October right now (because the room is moving back downstairs I imagine). So there is no dining really in BLT. That was not the best choice on Disney's part.

Side note, but The Wave is also not accepting reservations for October right now (because the room is moving back downstairs I imagine). So there is no dining really in BLT. That was not the best choice on Disney's part.
Disney could have set up temporary rest in the convention center.

LOL, it indeed has been at least the 80's (I hope it wasn't the 70's) since I have last been. I also went to the river boat restaurant which was the Empress Lilly but I've been to that again since it has been renamed. Well, not the latest rename I guess...
I even remember 30k Leagues Under the Sea subs with "real" mermaids at the MK. Ah, good times. LOL sorry for the trip down memory lane.
I didn't realize they made a new Top of the World. I'll have to try to visit it one of these days even though I don't have a DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter