California Grill and fireworks?

agame2323

DIS Veteran
If we have a 9:15 ADR at California Grill, will we able to see the fireworks? This is in May BTW. I don't know what time the fireworks go off at MK during May

Last edited:
If we have a 9:15 ADR at California Grill, will we able to see the fireworks? This is in May BTW. I don't know what time the fireworks go off at MK during May
Fireworks in May are at 9:00. You wait in the lobby area of the CR until your table is ready, so there is no guarantee they will take you up to the actual restaurant early.
I'd keep working to get that ADR a little earlier, because very few leave before the fireworks if they are already seated.

Just ask if it's possible to go up to the observation deck prior to being seated. I've asked this at least 4 times now and it's never been a problem.

Thanks for the tips everyone! I had a 9:30 reservation in late May with HEA fireworks posted at 9:15p which I figured was no big deal, of course we could go up, grab a cocktail then be seated after the show. To be safe, after reading this post, I was able to hunt down an 8:55p reservation time to give us a bit more of a buffer between seating time and dinner time. Still planning to check in a few minutes early in hopes of at least being allowed to go up to the observation deck ahead of dinner. Fingers crossed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter