California Grill - lately?

I do like the fact that CG changes their menu quarterly...BUT, my past few meals there have been very disappointing. And I order something different each time. I probably wont be going back for a while.

We ate there on 12/11 and it was a delight. Made an Adr hoping for a window seat to see the sunset at 5pm and got exactly that without even asking. Our server was lovely and the food was really good. I got the bison and mac and cheese and Dh got the filet. His steak was AMAZING and I wish i would've ordered it with my fantastic mac and cheese. The bison was good but compared to his knock out filet...and the molten chocolate cake was great.
Filet and mac and cheese is my kid's go to!

We went for dinner in July. Dressed up a bit and had a great time. The only downer on food was my DH got the VERY expensive ribeye steak and he said it wasn't very good. I told him probably not a good idea for a mid-westerner to order expensive beef while in Florida. Stick with something they should do well and don't order the most expensive item if you feel it may just add to what is already a disappointing food trip.
I agree with this! We usually order fish/seafood and have never been disappointed. It's what they do best at CG!

We went at the end of Oct for my daughter's 21st birthday! I was very underwhelmed and wished that we had chosen somewhere else! The food was just ok and the service was appalling! It could be that as we were a party of 6 that our server spent more time with parties were her tip wasn't already guaranteed! One thing that really bothered me was the fact that we had a two tier cake ordered for my daughter and they acted very surprised when we said that we wanted to take it with us! I figured that it was a given that people would want to take their cake with them! They made a big fuss out of how they didn't have a box etc. As it was they had to take it apart and it ended up looking like a right mess! We've had lots of cakes at other Disney restaurants and have never encountered this before! So we won't be returning there!

We had great food but poor service a few weeks ago. My pork tenderloin was ridiculously good - everything on the plate went together perfectly. My husband chose the filet which he said was good but not the best he’s had. We had not the best table, far from any view of MK, and our server was soooo slow and sort of oblivious. (Water glasses left empty for long periods of time, impossible to make eye contact to order, ask for check, etc). Will try again, as we had a lovely experience at brunch there in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter