California Grill Lounge?

PrincessTess

Mouseketeer
We are planning to do a monorail bar crawl for my 21st in a few weeks (so excited)! California Grill is one of our absolute favorites and over the years we would go up to the lounge and scavenge for seating. Last December, they denied us from going into the lounge? I'm wondering if this is a new thing they do? Would they maybe make a special exception for a birthday?

I think they can deny you lounge access if the restaurant is really packed and they need the space for dinner patrons. I'd love to go up for a drink and to watch the fireworks, but being we'll be there during Christmas week, I doubt it'll happen; they are just too busy.

Unless you are there early, the lounge tends to be packed.
Mainly because the lounge has become overflow for the restaurant and most people in the lounge are ordering a full meal off the menu.
If there are seats open, or they think will be soon, they will let people up to the lounge.

What if you've already been to the lounge then want to come back later to watch the fireworks - is that a different area/floor to the lounge?

We were checking in for our ADR in October I think at about 8:30 or so (late Halloween party fireworks that night, if that helps) and there was a party of 4-5 beside us wanting to go up to the lounge and they wouldn't let them. It wasn't actually full up there, definitely had multiple tables they could have chosen from, my guess is they were holding the space for people with ADRs or smaller groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter