• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill Menu w/ Regular Dinning Plan?

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
We are going to try California Grill for the first time. We will be on the Regular Dinning Plan. Has anyone dinned there recently on the plan. I assume the sushi rolls are not included as we don't get an appetizer or anything.

All of the entrees are about the same price except the Cowboy Rib-Eye. Anyone know if you can order that on the dinning plan? I am assuming no, but curious if anyone knew for sure.

If you have gone recently, what did you get? Would you recommend it?

We went in May, and it was heavenly. Our service was slow, but it was because they cut the servers on the floor and our waitress was overwhelmed.
I got the ribeye--my favorite cut of meat--and it was everything you'd expect. We were on the DxDDP for the first time...it was included.
So, we did get an appy. We like sushi, we got the new moon roll--it wasn't on the menu yet, as I recall--and we told them it was the best roll we had ever eaten. I don't even like eel, it was that good. I would pay cash for it. We also got the Cali/shrimp tempura combo. It was good, and the same thing that is on the brunch buffet, which we tried on our first Cali Grill experience last December.
Our kids still regularly talk about that breakfast as the best meal that we have ever eaten. (I am only a little offended as I fancy myself as a right-good cooker.)
:)
If you like basic, but delicious sushi the brunch is worth looking into...I think there were four or five rolls on it, plus a lot of other great bites. Absolutely worth two credits IMNSHO. You can come back in the evening and watch the fireworks, too.
You will get a "free" alcoholic drink, if you want. Our waitress helped me pick a red--gave me a couple of samples, too--because they have a HUGE wine list. (Don't be intimidated. ha!) It is difficult to pick one, er, two...maybe three. Not sure I can remember that part...

An appetiser is not included on the regular dining plan (you could always pay for this as an extra?) but every entree is included. We are just back from WDW and dined at California grille twice. My daughter is vegetarian and this was very good too.

As aside note we also enjoyed a glass of champagne as part of the regular dining plan.

An appetiser is not included on the regular dining plan (you could always pay for this as an extra?) but every entree is included. We are just back from WDW and dined at California grille twice. My daughter is vegetarian and this was very good too.

As aside note we also enjoyed a glass of champagne as part of the regular dining plan.
Thanks!

Yeah, I knew if we wanted an app we would have to pay for it out of pocket. That Cowboy Steak is calling my name, and I am really hoping I can get that when we go! I am sure it is HUGE!

I got the ribeye--my favorite cut of meat--and it was everything you'd expect. We were on the DxDDP for the first time...it was included.
So, we did get an appy.
Thanks. We will be on the standard dinning plan so no apps for us. I want to do the brunch at some time as well. But I don't think it will fit into our schedule this trip. But there will be more trips!

Thanks!

Yeah, I knew if we wanted an app we would have to pay for it out of pocket. That Cowboy Steak is calling my name, and I am really hoping I can get that when we go! I am sure it is HUGE!

We did this in July and had no trouble ordering the Cowboy Steak with the regular dining plan. 3 of us did ordered it. I ordered the filet, which was the best steak I've ever had. Everyone else loved their Cowboy Steak too. Enjoy!!

We did this in July and had no trouble ordering the Cowboy Steak with the regular dining plan. 3 of us did ordered it. I ordered the filet, which was the best steak I've ever had. Everyone else loved their Cowboy Steak too. Enjoy!!
Thanks! That makes me super excited for our reservation. Of course it isn't till February!

Thanks! That makes me super excited for our reservation. Of course it isn't till February!

My family is looking forward to this one as well. FOr a few years it was our final night in WDW meal, so I am happy to be back to our traditional "goodbye DIsney" dining location. My steak lovers are going to be very pleased!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter