California Grill or Narcoossee's?

TNKim

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at BLT for the first time at the end of May and I'm debating between these two for our more expensive meal. I have been to Narcoosee's once before and loved it. But since we will be at BLT, it would make sense to try California Grill. Without fireworks at MK, is California Grill still a good choice? I don't want to be disappointed since I loved Narcoossee's so much! Also, we are hoping for breakfast ADR at Toppolino's, but not sure about eating at the same restaurant for breakfast and dinner on the same trip when there are so many other places to try. Has anyone had breakfast and dinner at the same place?

We ate at both in the same trip last November (we go to California Grill often on our trips) and had no complaints on either meal. I'd still choose California Grill, for the selection of food, atmosphere, and service. It feels like a "fancier" dining experience, although the actual price tags are similar.

We've eaten at both and really enjoy them both. But, if you are only going to do one "fancy" meal, I would say California Grill - like the above posters have said - it just seems a little classier.

I'd go with Narcoossee's. Not a fan of CG. They seem to trade on the view more than the food/service at CG. Narcoossee scores well on all counts.

We liked Narcoossee's and would return, but the California Grill brunch was the best meal we've had at Disney. Not sure about dinner there.

We were at BLT last month and had Narcoose reservations and a CG opened up and we grabbed it.
This was our 2nd time at CG and it was a delicious relaxing meal. The waiter was wonderful, the meal was not rushed and just a great place to spend a couple hours. The first time we did see the fireworks, this time of course we didn't, but still a great night.
If you haven't tried CG, give it a try, you won't be dissapointed.
The pork tenderloin is amazing!!!

We were at BLT last month and had Narcoose reservations and a CG opened up and we grabbed it.
This was our 2nd time at CG and it was a delicious relaxing meal. The waiter was wonderful, the meal was not rushed and just a great place to spend a couple hours. The first time we did see the fireworks, this time of course we didn't, but still a great night.
If you haven't tried CG, give it a try, you won't be dissapointed.
The pork tenderloin is amazing!!!

I guess I should have mentioned that we will have 2 15 year old boys with us. Is California Grill too fancy for teen boys? In looking at the menu, I’m not sure they will like the sides that come with the pork, filet or chicken.

I wouldn't say it's too fancy. I would say it's a little more approachable and I think they would like it. I like CG and like others have said, it's my favorite restaurant on Disney property.

I guess I should have mentioned that we will have 2 15 year old boys with us. Is California Grill too fancy for teen boys? In looking at the menu, I’m not sure they will like the sides that come with the pork, filet or chicken.
My boys (11 and 14) love it. But it’s $$ !!

You can always sub the sides for something they will enjoy. They can swap them for anything else on the menu with no issue

CG. We just tried Narcoossees for thr 1st time and it did not wow.
My very picky DDs-22 like CG. And they have a young palette. One moreso than the other. But she enjoyed the CG brunch a couple years back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter