California Grill Reservations?

Since Disney just released that California Grill will be opening with the rest of the Contemporary Resort tomorrow, any idea when we can book it? Seems pretty last minute 😜
Right?! The header still says Temporarily Unavailable like the other closed restaurants.

OMG! Thank you all for posting that you got your reservations. I wanted this ADR the most for our September trip and was just able to secure one 😍. Missing brunch but I’ll DEFINITELY take dinner!

Dying to book but not sure how much of a (tiny) hassle it'll be getting back to our resort (POP) after dinner with the MK being closed early. Hmmmmmmm.....

Just made a reservation for my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary dinner! Originally booked at Topolino but I've wanted to try California Grill for years, and it's closer to Magic Kingdom.

side note: made a 7:40 reservation, is that enough time to comfortably walk over from MK if we are heading out of the park around closing time?

Dying to book but not sure how much of a (tiny) hassle it'll be getting back to our resort (POP) after dinner with the MK being closed early. Hmmmmmmm.....
Same situation here! We were originally booked at Topolino's for our MK day and were going to ride the Skyliner back to Pop after dinner. But I figure I'd rather be less stressed over getting to dinner and just Uber/Lyft back to the hotel than potentially having to rush to get to Riviera.

Just made a reservation for my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary dinner! Originally booked at Topolino but I've wanted to try California Grill for years, and it's closer to Magic Kingdom.

side note: made a 7:40 reservation, is that enough time to comfortably walk over from MK if we are heading out of the park around closing time?
We were originally booked at Whispering Canyon at 8:00 PM (with no idea how to get back to POP after dinner - Uber/lyft I guess) as we've never been there and thought the boat ride would be fun from MK after a likely super-sweaty day; but we've switched to CG at 7:50 PM and I figure we can bus back to POP midday if the crowds are light and change into something more CG-ish.....plus it's my birthday! Happy Anniversary to you!!

We were originally booked at Whispering Canyon at 8:00 PM (with no idea how to get back to POP after dinner - Uber/lyft I guess) as we've never been there and thought the boat ride would be fun from MK after a likely super-sweaty day; but we've switched to CG at 7:50 PM and I figure we can bus back to POP midday if the crowds are light and change into something more CG-ish.....plus it's my birthday! Happy Anniversary to you!!
Happy early birthday! I was thinking of maybe doing the same thing too, or just wearing a nice-ish button down to the parks (they're usually pretty cool/comfortable too). I think I'll definitely need to bring some dry shampoo and face wipes...the humidity makes me so greasy!

We booked it at 7:20 planning to leave MK at closing. I expect monorail will be backed up, but we will walk--it's just 5-10 mins if you walk.

We are planning on doing a mid-day resort break that day, so will probably change into something nicer and head back to the parks at around 5pm, hit up a couple last rides, and then leave right when the park closes.

We booked it at 7:20 planning to leave MK at closing. I expect monorail will be backed up, but we will walk--it's just 5-10 mins if you walk.

We are planning on doing a mid-day resort break that day, so will probably change into something nicer and head back to the parks at around 5pm, hit up a couple last rides, and then leave right when the park closes.
That makes me feel better! I like to squeeze in one ride right before closing, so the 7:40 will give me some wiggle room. Debating if I should take the midday break, depends how long the waits are for the bus back to Pop. With the parks being open for less time, it makes me reluctant, but I don't want to feel musty going to dinner. But also, if the waits remain low like they were today, we might be able to budget some time in the afternoon for a break if we have a productive morning.

That makes me feel better! I like to squeeze in one ride right before closing, so the 7:40 will give me some wiggle room. Debating if I should take the midday break, depends how long the waits are for the bus back to Pop. With the parks being open for less time, it makes me reluctant, but I don't want to feel musty going to dinner. But also, if the waits remain low like they were today, we might be able to budget some time in the afternoon for a break if we have a productive morning.
Yeah, I too am banking on low wait times for this trip to allow for resort breaks. Also just with summer weather I hate being in the parks in the peak heat in the early afternoon. We might use lyfts if the buses are too slow.

I booked ours for 7:15 but had the same thought, I don't want to go into a nice restaurant all sweaty and gross. Do they have a dress code?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter