California Grill- seated on time?

Melmore

Earning My Ears
We have a 7:35pm reservation coming up at California Grill. Fireworks are scheduled to start at 8pm. Do you think we’ll be seated at our reservation time, or will the people before us camp out at that point, making us be seated closer to 8:30pm

Not really a need to camp out, everyone who eats there can go back up to the observation deck with their receipt for the day.

We have a 7:35pm reservation coming up at California Grill. Fireworks are scheduled to start at 8pm. Do you think we’ll be seated at our reservation time, or will the people before us camp out at that point, making us be seated closer to 8:30pm
You never know when you'll be seated.

More importantly, you never know where you'll be seated.

Not every seat has a view of Magic Kingdom fireworks.

And even those with views from their seats may find themselves looking at the back-of-heads of those standing outside on the observation deck - where you will likely want to be too.

Go with the flow - if that means grabbing a cocktail to bring outside before you're actually seated, go with it......

We were seated early. We allowed more time than needed for transportation and checked in with the intention of having a drink in the lounge while we waited. Before we ordered drinks our table was ready.

That said, I wouldn’t count on it. You could possibly be seated late (and if that’s the case you will still be able to watch the fireworks, you just wouldn’t be seated at your table while you do). Our table did not have a fireworks view at all (which was fine- we planned to watch them from TOW at BLT anyhow).

I agree with the PP. Arrive early, have a drink and/or an app in the lounge or at the sushi bar.

We had an 8:50 ADR on a 9 fireworks night. I figured the same thing as you and thought we would probably be seated late. We ended up getting there about 15 or 20 minutes early and surprisingly, they seated us right away. We got our drinks and then were able to go out and watch the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter