California Itinerary

woodys_girl

Mouseketeer
Hi friends, WDW regular here, thinking of heading back to DL in the fall. My kids will be 10, 9, and 6 and have all been to California 3 times (2017, 2019, and 2021). We've done the typical southern California things (Legoland, SeaWorld, beach, SD zoo, and of course DL/DCA). I'm looking for ideas to make this trip a little special/different. Is Universal worth it with kids under 48 inches? Should we head to SD again? Or are there other areas to explore? We typically drive from Denver so I'm also open to things to see on the way. We usually do 8 to 10 days. Thanks in advance.

Death Valley, Hwy 395 (Mammoth Lakes, June Lake, Mono Lake, Lone Pine, Alabama Hills), Santa Barbara. There are hundreds of things to do in LA including Santa Monica, Getty Center and Villa, La Brea Tarpits, Original Farmers Market, Petersen Automotive Museum, Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, Griffith Park walks and attractions (dozens of those), Grand Central Market, Koreatown, California Science Center and Natural History Museum to name a few. Hwy 1 is closed between LA and SF so I’ll exclude that but there’s also Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park (SeKi), Yosemite (if you can get accommodation) and there’s also plenty of great beach towns around LA and Orange Counties like Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach and Dana Point.

The tar pits are a must do if your kids have any interest In prehistoric mammals. It’s really a unique site. The Safari park in SD is great too if you haven’t done that yet.

Death Valley, Hwy 395 (Mammoth Lakes, June Lake, Mono Lake, Lone Pine, Alabama Hills), Santa Barbara. There are hundreds of things to do in LA including Santa Monica, Getty Center and Villa, La Brea Tarpits, Original Farmers Market, Petersen Automotive Museum, Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, Griffith Park walks and attractions (dozens of those), Grand Central Market, Koreatown, California Science Center and Natural History Museum to name a few. Hwy 1 is closed between LA and SF so I’ll exclude that but there’s also Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park (SeKi), Yosemite (if you can get accommodation) and there’s also plenty of great beach towns around LA and Orange Counties like Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach and Dana Point.
Yes, there are so many things in CA, hence wanting to try some new things. Hard to choose.

The tar pits are a must do if your kids have any interest In prehistoric mammals. It’s really a unique site. The Safari park in SD is great too if you haven’t done that yet.
Thanks. I remember going to the tar pits when I was a kid. I think my kids would enjoy. I'll look into the Safari Park, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter