Call and confirm your ADRs!

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
I just got off the phone with Disney Dining, and although everything turned out OK, it could have been really bad, especially for someone like me who plans every detail!

First, she told me my Crystal Palace dinner reservation was on the wrong night and the right night had been canceled! :eek: Of course, the "right" night was on the 1st MNSSHP night, so I knew nothing else would be available. Well, somehow she "found" it on the list, so that was OK...:confused: but we had 2 dinners booked for one night around the same time. :confused3

Then she confirms my 'Ohana meal and says its at 9:30 PM - it was for breakfast! We leave that day, so there's no way I would have said dinner, and we would never eat at 9:30pm with a 3 year old anyway. Luckily, since there are just 3 of us, there was something at 9:40am.

Anyway, I'm so glad I called! I'm going to call about a week before we go just to check again! Being free dining, I know its unlikely we will be able to walk up to most restaurants and get a table, so I want to be sure we have ressies for all the places we booked.

Hmmm...she looked up the Crystal Palace deal w/ my phone number. I think what happened was I originally had 5:00pm and later changed it to 6:15pm, but when that happened, it was changed to the wrong date. Luckily, the right night wasn't canceled - for some reason she just had a hard time finding it on "the list". Apprently, the list it pulls up by phone number includes all canceled, booked, changed etc ADRs. The right time/date was down the list, I guess. :confused3

As for the 'Ohana, I gave her my conf #, and she said 'Ohana for 3, right date, 9:30PM, and I said "you mean AM" and she said "no, its for dinner". I almost had a breakdown right then b/c I had JUST canceled my other breakfast ADRs.

Anyway, it wasn't a huge deal, but it could have been. I just wanted to recommend that everyone call and confirm at least once, just to save some disappointment when you arrive.

I agree with you wholeheartedly with this. I am very anil about calling a week before we leave for the World. I have never, fortunately, have had problems like you did. The only problem that we had ever encountered was back in 2005 we had ADRs for CRT for breakfast, it was one of the last seating of the day. When my DH went to check-in they said that they had no such ressie and this was after giving them our confirmation # AND I called the week before that trip as well and it was there then. Finally, one CM decided to call up to the restaurant and they did confirm our ressie so we were able to get seated. Definately due take the time to call Disney dinning and confirm your ressies, you won't regret it.

Thank you for posting this, whilst i didnt have any problems confirming my ADR's (they were all correct) it was really good to know that everything was in place for my summer trip.

Emma
x

I called to check mine after having to change most of them. The CM wouldn't do it and told me to check them when I got to WDW. :sad1:

AmberI, just call back and get another CM. They should be more than happy to look them up for you. I've never had a CM say they wouldn't do it. I'm guessing you just got a CM who was either done for the day or just didn't get enough pixie dust when they woke up that morning.

Good luck!!!

I confirmed all of mine (11 days worth!) last week and the nice CM told me that you can get a printout at Guest Services at your resort when you arrive. I definitely intend to do that, just in case!

I called to check mine after having to change most of them. The CM wouldn't do it and told me to check them when I got to WDW. :sad1:
CALL BACK!! You will get another CM who, I'm sure, would be willing to help you. I have called many times (believe me!) and I have had a few that I have not preferred talking to -- I just politely say "thank you for your time" and then I call right back and usually get one who is more accomodating. You need to reconfirm before you go. I haven't even gone on my trip yet and there have been four errors in my ADR's (note: with my own indecisiveness, my children's wants and my husband's "ADR time" pickiness, I've had to change quite a few -- oh, and now MK's hour changes for DEC.!) Again, CALL BACK!

Thanks for the heads up!! I'll call this evening...when I can get the kids to be quiet for 15 mins!!

Kimba

Yep, I added more to my December ones yesterday, and while on the phone had the wonderful CM go thru them all with me. We found 3 that werent shown :scared: BUT I had the ressie numbers and found out they typed in my phone area code wrong by 1 number :). So all of mine are now officially on the SAME PHONE NUMBER! That's another thing that I figured out, make SURE YOU USE THE SAME PHONE #!! :)

So I'm all confirned, and yes, I'll reconfirm about a month out....

I confirmed all of mine (11 days worth!) last week and the nice CM told me that you can get a printout at Guest Services at your resort when you arrive.

Can you get a printout like this in the parks as well? We're staying offsite this time, though do you think Guest Services in the resorts we're dining at would be able to help us out?

Thanks for this reminder, I'll be calling for sure!!!:thumbsup2

Can you get a printout like this in the parks as well? We're staying offsite this time, though do you think Guest Services in the resorts we're dining at would be able to help us out?

Thanks for this reminder, I'll be calling for sure!!!:thumbsup2

Yes, I'm sure any guest service desk at the resorts would be glad to help you.

Thanks for the tip about picking up a print out! :thumbsup2 It will be nice to have it all in one place and "official"! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter