Called & Had a Free Dining Pin!

I called this evening and had a pin code for a resort discount. I'm really hoping for the FD pin code! That would definately help us out a lot!

I am gonna call to help my friend out, I am her personal Disney planner. LOL What info will they need from me to pretend like I am her? Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup2

I am new to plannig ahead. We are looking at going Dec 20-30. I know that the week ofChristmas will be blocked for deals, but does nyone know from past experience if WDW will extend a deal if we arrive before the black out days begin? We would really love the FD deal. It may become a deal breaker for our trip. Thanks

I am new to plannig ahead. We are looking at going Dec 20-30. I know that the week ofChristmas will be blocked for deals, but does nyone know from past experience if WDW will extend a deal if we arrive before the black out days begin? We would really love the FD deal. It may become a deal breaker for our trip. Thanks

Based on the dates of the Pincode deal going around, it looks like they are trying hard to prevent that this year. The pincode deal is often the same deal they end up offering to the general public later, and it ends on 12/13.

With the FD deal you just have to arrive by the last day. FD ended on Dec 15th last year, but we had it for our whole stay which was the 14th-28th.

Based on the dates of the Pincode deal going around, it looks like they are trying hard to prevent that this year. The pincode deal is often the same deal they end up offering to the general public later, and it ends on 12/13.

There is another PIN code floating around that has FD ending on Dec 20th. Hoping that is the one they use. 13th is too early for us. Disney will have to come to the party on this one or they will lose our vacation money to someone else.

Just called, even called the travel agent #, and no pins for me. Oh, it's so hard to wait! Between this, waiting for the Fantasmic packages to be loaded and waiting for Southwest to open up flights- I'm going slightly crazy!! :rotfl:

I have called a couple times and when the recording ask me to say what department I would like I always say discount offers. Is this the department I need to contact or should I say reservations ? I already have a reservation and really really would love to get free dining . I just wondered what department all of you are getting your pin codes at ?

Okay, I have what may be a previously answered question but I scanned through a couple threads briefly and didn't see it mentioned. If it's already been covered I apologize in advance. I'm trying to figure this out and only have a few minutes to spend on here for the time being. I received a pin code offer in my email on Wednesday for free dining. When I clicked on the link, it showed my previous address and directed me to call the reservation number and speak with a cm to book a package. I called and spoke with a friendly cm who updated my address in their system and offered to help me make reservations on the phone. I tried (unsuccessfully, I think) to explain to her that I would rather make the reservations myself online when I'd have more time to plan things out. Does anyone know if there's a way to use my pin code after booking things online myself? I played around with reservations online for a few dates that fit into the pin code offer range but didn't see anywhere to enter in my pin code for the free dining when completing the reservations. Am I missing something or can you only apply this pin by booking over the phone? Here is the literature that was included in my pin code email if it helps anyone else out.

Get a first look at
FREE Disney Dining
with the purchase of a non-discounted 4-Night/5-Day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

For arrivals most nights 9/30–10/4/12; 10/19–11/1/12; 11/9–11/15/12; 11/23–11/29/12; 12/10–12/13/12.
Book now through 7/28/12.

Hopefully someone with more pin code experience than me will see this and be able to help me out. On a happier note, this is my first ever pin code and I can't wait to use it, even if I end up having to do it over the phone! :cool1:

Aquahollic....you will need to book the PIN CODE reservation on the phone or with your travel agent(i can suggest a real good one<me>....LOL!)

Got our pin -- but sadly ours blocked out Jersey Week, unless you arrive on Nov 1, which means missing 3 days of school or going down at the END of Jersey week, the 9th, and missing 2 days at the end .... Grrrrrr, they caught on to me !!! With a high schooler, missing is alittle harder to do .......

put it on a courtesy hold so i can think about it -- :goodvibes

When is Jersey week?
Why is going during Jersey week a good thing?

I didn't read the whole thread so not sure if his was mentioned, but those 3 digit codes aren't PIN codes. Those are for public offers and travel agents. So it appears they have given you early access to the next public offer for FD. Only a matter of time for the rest of us!

Yeah! I hope so!

Aquahollic....you will need to book the PIN CODE reservation on the phone or with your travel agent(i can suggest a real good one<me>....LOL!)

Thanks for your quick response Timon71. I knew someone here would be able to answer my question!

Just called and the lovely cm told me I had a FD Pin! :cool1:

She said it covered dates from 8/5 to 12/20, with some black-out dates (11-17 to 11-24).

She gave me a code number (3 digits) and said it could be booked anytime, no expiration.

Now to figure out flights! Woohoo!!! :banana::banana:

I didn't read the whole thread so not sure if his was mentioned, but those 3 digit codes aren't PIN codes. Those are for public offers and travel agents. So it appears they have given you early access to the next public offer for FD. Only a matter of time for the rest of us!

Not completely true. I have 2 FD pin codes (with 15 digits) and when I called to discuss options, the CM shared the 3 digit code attached to one of them. 3 digit codes are attached to both private and public offers.

Per Mouse Unlimited
When you receive a PIN code, which is 12-16 characters long, Disney uses it simply to verify that you have been pre-selected for a discount. The PIN number doesn’t actually go into the reservation system – it’s just your unique identifier. Each PIN is tied to a 3-digit discount code (much like the ones they publish with every discount offer), which is what they ACTUALLY enter into the system.

For example (we’re completely making these numbers up), if you call in with PIN code A1B2-C3D4-E5F6-G7H8, the system will first verify that the PIN belongs to you (their records must match your current name and address), and will then show the Cast Member a 3-digit code like AB1. AB1 is what they apply to the reservation, which could do anything from discount the room to add free dining (depending on what your offer was for).

The people posting these codes on the internet didn’t actually receive the AB1 offer, they received a PIN that generated the AB1 offer. Thus, not just anyone can call in and tell the Cast Member they want the AB1 discount, because you would only qualify if you’d received the PIN offer that was tied to that discount.

Not completely true. I have 2 FD pin codes (with 15 digits) and when I called to discuss options, the CM shared the 3 digit code attached to one of them. 3 digit codes are attached to both private and public offers.

Per Mouse Unlimited

I had a lovely 3 digit code too :thumbsup2

Just called to see about a pin code for me and no luck! :sad1: The cm was very nice but didn't seem overly encouraging that calling back would help produce one for me. Here are a few questions I have for those who have gotten one by calling more than once.

How many times and how often did you call?

Did you mention anything special (like maybe about possibly having to change your reservations if FD doesn't come out?

Do you ask for any other names in your household?

Thanks!

I am still trying to find out if any PINs have been sent to my household, but haven't received any Pixie dust as of yet. FYI, if you have traveled with any other families, your names might be mixed up. For some reason, my husband is listed in my aunt's family We traveled with them last year but didn't stay in the same room or anything. :confused3

Just called to see about a pin code for me and no luck! :sad1: The cm was very nice but didn't seem overly encouraging that calling back would help produce one for me. Here are a few questions I have for those who have gotten one by calling more than once.

How many times and how often did you call?

Did you mention anything special (like maybe about possibly having to change your reservations if FD doesn't come out?

Do you ask for any other names in your household?

Thanks!

messaged you :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter