Calling all Chicago DISers #3

Still snowing but not sticking and the weather is still good, I'm in a light long sleeve and doing fine :) I like when it doesn't stick around because it stays pretty! LOL

Hello Chicago Peeps...hope everyone is doing well...

So I have a question: is it better to book a complete late November trip now (resort/tixs/dinning plan) then see if the Free Dinning offer is released and have it applied to your reservation (therefore reducing the price of your reservation)...or book a package now WITHOUT the dinning plan, wait for Free Dinning to be released and then add it to your booking??? Does it make a difference?? Is it hard to have your booking change to add the discounted dinning plan??

Thanks,

I only book package that has room/tickets

Stopped doing dining package four years ago
Was not cost efficient for me

Returned home last night from Orlando and had a Disney package for room/tickets that I found in a Disney ad online

All star value rooms were at $74 per night
Similar discounts for deluxe and mods also were listed
If I did the dp, room rate would have not been discounted

Packages have penalties costs if you modify them within 30 days of arrival

I suggest book the room/ticket package when you find a rate you can live with

I did not find the dp would save us much money for the week
The two of us did a 6 night 7 day stay with 5 adr dinners /sit down

Did cs for other meals

Ended up paying less in the long run compared to having dp of one sit down and one cs + snacks

John - I agree with what you said. However, we haven't been to WDW in ages and the kid's really want to go. And even though we've been to DL more times than I can actually remember since living out here, it's not the same as WDW. So we will spend a small fortune to go there during the holidays to go experience the multiple park changes since we've been there last.

Back from our WDW trip. The first few days were amazing with really low crowd levels, but Friday, Saturday and Sunday were "stupid" crowded. To the point that we were like walking zombies circling the park looking for an attraction with a decent wait time. It was to be expected for a long weekend and looking back on it now, I probably should have left on Saturday, not Sunday. It was a great time and probably the last time that my daughter and I will be able to go together for quite some time. Senior year HS is closing in and then college. Maybe the next time I go, she will be in the Disney College Program! Here's hoping!! The weather was good, didn't sweat once! A smidge of rain here and there, but nothing that affected our plans. Hollywood Studios was 1/4 day park at best, but it will be a great park once all the changes are in place! Toy Story Land and Star Wars land will really give the park a full day's worth of attractions!

I love coming on the DIS every couple years just to resurrect this dead thread.😁😁
LONG LIVE THE CHICAGO THREAD
🤣🤣👏👏

I love coming on the DIS every couple years just to resurrect this dead thread.😁😁
LONG LIVE THE CHICAGO THREAD
🤣🤣👏👏
This thread does need a resurrection every so often, Nicole. Thanks for doing so. Great to see you.

Are you still in Las Vegas, if I recall correctly. The kids are doing well? They must be late teens or older by now? Would be nice to have one of those BIG dis meets we used to have here, 3 or 4 times a year back then.

Hope all is well.

This thread does need a resurrection every so often, Nicole. Thanks for doing so. Great to see you.

Are you still in Las Vegas, if I recall correctly. The kids are doing well? They must be late teens or older by now? Would be nice to have one of those BIG dis meets we used to have here, 3 or 4 times a year back then.

Hope all is well.

Hi Dan.

Yes, still in Vegas. Both kids are well. Lauren is 22, and lives in Denver where she is finishing up college and working. We visit her a lot. Love Denver.
Hunter is 17 and a senior in high school.

Hope your family is doing well.

If you're on Facebook, we have a Chicago DISer page with about 20+ of us old timers. We've gotten together a couple times in the Chicago burbs.

Hi Chicago Disers! We sure did have some good dis meets back then. I remember the Stratford Mall, Schaumburg, and Gurnee Mall meets. Dan, I think Elly still has her stuffed Chicago Mickey that you gave her!

Hi Kirsten. :wave: Hope you, Dewain and the kids are all well.
Hi Dan.

Yes, still in Vegas. Both kids are well. Lauren is 22, and lives in Denver where she is finishing up college and working. We visit her a lot. Love Denver.
Hunter is 17 and a senior in high school.

Hope your family is doing well.

If you're on Facebook, we have a Chicago DISer page with about 20+ of us old timers. We've gotten together a couple times in the Chicago burbs.
We are all well here, Nicole, thanks. 22 and 17? :faint: Wow, time flies. I remember when Hunter was born. Finishing college and senior in high school!! Wow, again.

I do not do FB, but if possible, let me know when a Chicago meet is in the works again. Email address is in my signature, lower left.
Present and accounted for!
Good seeing both you and Kelly at B&C, but that was too long ago, Kim.
Hi Chicago Disers! We sure did have some good dis meets back then. I remember the Stratford Mall, Schaumburg, and Gurnee Mall meets. Dan, I think Elly still has her stuffed Chicago Mickey that you gave her!
Hi Scott. Good to see you, as always. Hope all is well with you, Pam and Elly. And I think a grandkid, if I recall? Have Elly keep that Chicago Mickey, they haven't sold those for probably over 15 years, a collector's item now. We sure did have a lot of memorable meets back then. Great memories.

Still doing camping?

Hi Dan! Yes, our grand daughter, Arabella, will be 3 in January! Elly will be 27 next month. How time flies, huh? We still own a lot at a campground in Door County that we've had for over 10 years, so not really camping, but "glamping" I guess. Arabella keeps asking to go camping as she loves it up there. Now that I'm retired I spend most of the warmer months up there. Pam still has a few years of working yet. Good to hear from you!

Hi All. I'm former Chicagoan who moved to Phoenix last year. And now I'm so much closer to Disneyland!!! Since I moved, I have been to DL pretty much every other month. As much as I love Chicago, I'm so HAPPY that I'm in Phoenix....

Hi All. I'm former Chicagoan who moved to Phoenix last year. And now I'm so much closer to Disneyland!!! Since I moved, I have been to DL pretty much every other month. As much as I love Chicago, I'm so HAPPY that I'm in Phoenix....

I'm out in the western burbs of Chicago. Have had my fill though of the terrible weather. Been applying like crazy for work out of the midwest.
Glad your happy out in sunny Phoenix

OMG….I literally was going to revise this tonight - how funny! Great minds think alike!
Great to see you back on The DIS Nicole 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter