Calling all Chicago DISers #3

Hey all….I’m giving this a bump to see if anyone is interested in joining this thread and to see if anyone would be interested in a DIS Meet after the holidays.

If you like the idea of a DIS Meet in the Winter 2023 (Spring is impossible for me with DD19’s softball schedule), please post on here if you’d like to attend 🙂

Aww thanks so much, it's always great to see you still here Dan!! I am hoping to pop in regularly now that I have remembered this place and now that the kids are so much older! LOL!
Can you believe I have one in college?!?!?! Then I have a senior and a sophomore in High School! They have cars and jobs and it's usually just husband and I!! It is insane how quickly the time does indeed fly by!

How have you been?
Good morning, Michelle. I'm doing fine for an old guy, ha, thanks. Marie is doing well also.

College? Senior? Sophomore? Cars? Jobs? :faint: Where does the time go? I remember when they were just little tykes. Hope you and Sal are both doing well. Great to see you!! :thumbsup2

Hey all….I’m giving this a bump to see if anyone is interested in joining this thread and to see if anyone would be interested in a DIS Meet after the holidays.

If you like the idea of a DIS Meet in the Winter 2023 (Spring is impossible for me with DD19’s softball schedule), please post on here if you’d like to attend 🙂
That sounds great to me, Sandy! I'd have to recall how those work, ha.

Reactions: slo
Good morning, Michelle. I'm doing fine for an old guy, ha, thanks. Marie is doing well also.

College? Senior? Sophomore? Cars? Jobs? :faint: Where does the time go? I remember when they were just little tykes. Hope you and Sal are both doing well. Great to see you!! :thumbsup2
Hahah, yeah I look (UP) at them and wonder the same, constantly!!! We are both doing very well thank you!
Loving every minute of this crazy life!

Hadn't joined the thread, but would be happy to have a DIS Meet after the holidays. Thanks!

Aww fun! I will keep checking in and see where we are at the moment and see if we can swing it.

Giving this a bump :tigger:

If you’re in the Chicago area, come join our thread - we’d love to get to know you.
If we have enough people, we’ll organize a DIS Meet after the holidays :hyper2:

Hello! I’m in the NW suburbs. Happy to join the thread. I’m currently planning a short (2 day) family reunion trip to Disneyland between Christmas and new year’s. I’ve never been there. Any tips?
Welcome :welcome:
Thanks for joining us
Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. Sadly I have no tips, because I have never been to DL, but I look forward to hearing about your trip when you return :-)

Hello! I’m in the NW suburbs. Happy to join the thread. I’m currently planning a short (2 day) family reunion trip to Disneyland between Christmas and new year’s. I’ve never been there. Any tips?
Enjoy, what a great time to be there!!!! We absolutely loved the holidays in DL last year! The crowds are quite large, so be prepared for that, because there is not as much room to spread them out in DL as opposed to WDW.
We were able to do the most in each park by going Rope Drop to Park Close and getting in our favorite ride OR impossible to get ride line within 5 minutes of closing. The ride lines do NOT officially close until park close time, so you can squeeze in. The line may still be an hour long but at least you are in and then you get beautiful photos of a near empty park afterwards!
Best time to ride anything near Avengers Campus is when the characters are coming out or switching out, so many people swarm over there but the cast members keep them moving!
If you NEED a poncho for Grizzly River Run, go to the exit and there is a recycle poncho can there, grab one out and they will be brand new! It is NOT a garbage can!! Oh and the lockers are FREE for 2 hours there, so you don't have to wrap anything up to keep it dry!
Take a deep breath, know it will be busy and just enjoy!!! Keep in mind the shops are open an hour AFTER park close, so skip the shopping and do the rides first!

Enjoy, what a great time to be there!!!! We absolutely loved the holidays in DL last year! The crowds are quite large, so be prepared for that, because there is not as much room to spread them out in DL as opposed to WDW.
We were able to do the most in each park by going Rope Drop to Park Close and getting in our favorite ride OR impossible to get ride line within 5 minutes of closing. The ride lines do NOT officially close until park close time, so you can squeeze in. The line may still be an hour long but at least you are in and then you get beautiful photos of a near empty park afterwards!
Best time to ride anything near Avengers Campus is when the characters are coming out or switching out, so many people swarm over there but the cast members keep them moving!
If you NEED a poncho for Grizzly River Run, go to the exit and there is a recycle poncho can there, grab one out and they will be brand new! It is NOT a garbage can!! Oh and the lockers are FREE for 2 hours there, so you don't have to wrap anything up to keep it dry!
Take a deep breath, know it will be busy and just enjoy!!! Keep in mind the shops are open an hour AFTER park close, so skip the shopping and do the rides first!
Thanks! Those are great suggestions. I haven’t seen anything about the recycle poncho can before. I’m looking forward to the trip but I’m also nervous about all the planning and it will be my first time using genie

Thanks! Those are great suggestions. I haven’t seen anything about the recycle poncho can before. I’m looking forward to the trip but I’m also nervous about all the planning and it will be my first time using genie
Genie+ is a little overwhelming at first.
We used it last year 3 weeks after it started, so I had to learn it all very fast - I felt like I was studying for a college final - LOL!
DD19 and I have been continuing to learn about it, so when we go to WDW in June we are even more prepared. If you have any questions let me know and if I don’t know, I’ll text my DD19 @piglet1805 and ask her 🙂👍🏻

Genie+ is a little overwhelming at first.
We used it last year 3 weeks after it started, so I had to learn it all very fast - I felt like I was studying for a college final - LOL!
DD19 and I have been continuing to learn about it, so when we go to WDW in June we are even more prepared. If you have any questions let me know and if I don’t know, I’ll text my DD19 @piglet1805 and ask her 🙂👍🏻
https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disn...ney-world-and-introduces-variable-pricing.htm

Good Morning!
Chilly weekend here in the Chicago area.
I have 2 more pots of flowers that have finally pooped out that need to be pulled out this weekend and then my yard is 100% ready for winter.

If anyone reading this is interested in attending a DIS Meet after the holidays, please post on here. We’ll start figuring out where and when when it’s closer to time. This DIS Meet doesn’t have to be just for Chicago DISers - if you’ll be visiting the area. or live farther away and want to drive here, we will enjoy having you there - all are welcome. Please subscribe to this thread for notifications.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! :wave:

Last edited:
Good Morning!
Chilly weekend here in the Chicago area.
I have 2 more pots of flowers that have finally pooped out that need to be pulled out this weekend and then my yard is 100% ready for winter.

If anyone reading this is interested in attending a DIS Meet after the holidays, please post on here. We’ll start figuring out where and when when it’s closer to time. This DIS Meet doesn’t have to be just for Chicago DISers - if you’ll be visiting the area. or live farther away and want to drive here, we will enjoy having you there - all are welcome. Please subscribe to this thread for notifications.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! :wave:

:wave: Yesss, definitely cold! We are up in Wisconsin and very happy to be heading south in several days!!

Happy Birthday @slo!!! Hope you have a good one!! :cake:

Happy Tuesday everyone, can you believe we got snow in Wisconsin and some parts of Chicago too? This is definitely going to be an interesting winter!!! Glad we are snowbirding it this year and heading south in a few days!!
How was your weekend? We went to Door County and spent some time packing up the RV and getting our place winterized.

• Love
Reactions: slo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter