Calling all Chicago DISers #3

Happy Birthday @slo!!! Hope you have a good one!! :cake:

Happy Tuesday everyone, can you believe we got snow in Wisconsin and some parts of Chicago too? This is definitely going to be an interesting winter!!! Glad we are snowbirding it this year and heading south in a few days!!
How was your weekend? We went to Door County and spent some time packing up the RV and getting our place winterized.
Thank you very much!! :goodvibes
I'm having a great birthday today. Pretty soon I'll be leaving work and going out to dinner with my DH and parents to a new Mexican restaurant and get myself a birthday Margarita party:

Sounds like you had a nice and productive weekend.
My DD19 was home from college on fall break, so we enjoyed spending time with her. :goodvibes
Where South are you going traveling to?

Thank you very much!! :goodvibes
I'm having a great birthday today. Pretty soon I'll be leaving work and going out to dinner with my DH and parents to a new Mexican restaurant and get myself a birthday Margarita party:

Sounds like you had a nice and productive weekend.
My DD19 was home from college on fall break, so we enjoyed spending time with her. :goodvibes
Where South are you going traveling to?
Awesome on Fall break!!! Mine just had Midterms, so her fall break is about a week away!
YUMMMMM on the Margaritas, so delish! 🍷
First stop is Pigeon Forge to do Dollywood and the Mountains for a week and then down to Florida and the Fort for 2 months and down to Cape Coral and Tarpon Springs after that! ❤️ ⛱️

Reactions: slo
Awesome on Fall break!!! Mine just had Midterms, so her fall break is about a week away!
YUMMMMM on the Margaritas, so delish! 🍷
First stop is Pigeon Forge to do Dollywood and the Mountains for a week and then down to Florida and the Fort for 2 months and down to Cape Coral and Tarpon Springs after that! ❤️ ⛱️
Wow....that sounds very nice and very long. I’ve never been away from home for that long, but my goal for when we retire will be - I want to be in Florida January until Easter every year. Have a good time when you go 😎

How far away from home is your DD’s college? My DD’s is about 3 hours away - not to bad.

Wow....that sounds very nice and very long. I’ve never been away from home for that long, but my goal for when we retire will be - I want to be in Florida January until Easter every year. Have a good time when you go 😎

How far away from home is your DD’s college? My DD’s is about 3 hours away - not to bad.
Yes, in the summer we are gone for 6 months and we check in on our house periodically. We January thru Easter sounds like the perfect time!!

DD is about 8 hours away but she does online during the summer semester! She takes a full load over the summer so she can move a wee bit faster! 😂

Good Saturday Morning!

It‘s going to be a beautiful weekend in our area.

We‘re going downtown today to have lunch at Ed Debevic’s - I want to see their new location. I heard it’s a lot smaller than the original, but still a fun place to eat. Then we’ll walk around a little and head home. It’s going to be strange having no Disney Store to visit - I miss the one in our mall too. We’ll go through the Nike Store and probably go through Water Tower Place - it’s been a long time since we walked through there. It’ll be a nice day :goodvibes

I have a daughter in college too. She’s a junior at a school in Florida.

Your vacation sounds lovely! Hope you have a safe trip.

And happy belated birthday, Slo!
Thank you very much! :goodvibes
I’m sorry for the delayed reply - I’m just seeing this now

Yes, in the summer we are gone for 6 months and we check in on our house periodically. We January thru Easter sounds like the perfect time!!

DD is about 8 hours away but she does online during the summer semester! She takes a full load over the summer so she can move a wee bit faster! 😂

I have a daughter in college too. She’s a junior at a school in Florida.

Your vacation sounds lovely! Hope you have a safe trip.

And happy belated birthday, Slo!
What are your girls majoring in?

My DD19 is majoring in exercise science and will eventually major in education so she can get in a high school to teach health and wellness until she can find an opportunity to become an athletic director. She also wants to coach softball or be a weight lifting coach.

Or she may also use that degree to become an athletic trainer to be placed in a high school or a college.

She‘s just a freshman, so she still has lots of time to decide what she wants to do with that degree.

I’ll be interested to hear about the new Ed Debevics. I have fond memories of going there with my family as a kid.

My daughter is majoring in marine science. Right now she’s interested in coral restoration.

What are your girls majoring in?

My DD19 is majoring in exercise science and will eventually major in education so she can get in a high school to teach health and wellness until she can find an opportunity to become an athletic director. She also wants to coach softball or be a weight lifting coach.

Or she may also use that degree to become an athletic trainer to be placed in a high school or a college.

She‘s just a freshman, so she still has lots of time to decide what she wants to do with that degree.

I’ll be interested to hear about the new Ed Debevics. I have fond memories of going there with my family as a kid.

My daughter is majoring in marine science. Right now she’s interested in coral restoration.

Awesome majors for those girls!!! Autumn is a sophomore and is majoring in Criminal Justice. She is a champion shooter and is hoping to join the FBI but is thinking about going on to get her law degree as well. She is just finishing up her Gen-Eds this semester, so she knows she will be able to make her decision for sure next semester as she will finally get to more of the 'fun' classes she says! LOL

Hello all!! We are in Louisville just taking it easy on our way to the Smokies! The best part of this trip? We have all drivers and I am lounging in the backseat of my car while Husband in in the RV and my oldest son Gabriel is driving my car! LOL!!! Can you imagine just lounging in the backseat with the wifi on and using a laptop? LOL!! Technology can certainly drive me crazy but it can be fun too!!

Happy belated birthday Slo ! Hope you had a great day !! 🎉💖Thanks for all of your content on here . You make it fun !

We are in the southwest suburbs . A dismeet sounds fun !! I’ve only been posting for about a year now but have been following for tips for years .

Your daughter’s major is giving me ideas for my daughter . She dances and wants to continue to dance in college and at Disneyworld ! After she was thinking physical therapy but it’s a lot of schooling . Not sure she will really want to do that . I think your daughters path is something for her to consider . She will probably teach dance also . She has assisted for 5 years now . She’s a junior in high school . Looking to go to USF in Tampa . Anyway hope to meet up with you guys !

We had a great time yesterday. The new location is smaller, but still has a decent amount of seating. The atmosphere was a lot of fun and the food was very good. I give it two very enthusiastic 👍🏼👍🏼. We will return ::yes::

Your DD’s major sounds very interesting. Good luck to her and keep us updated with how she’s doing.
Awesome majors for those girls!!! Autumn is a sophomore and is majoring in Criminal Justice. She is a champion shooter and is hoping to join the FBI but is thinking about going on to get her law degree as well. She is just finishing up her Gen-Eds this semester, so she knows she will be able to make her decision for sure next semester as she will finally get to more of the 'fun' classes she says! LOL

Hello all!! We are in Louisville just taking it easy on our way to the Smokies! The best part of this trip? We have all drivers and I am lounging in the backseat of my car while Husband in in the RV and my oldest son Gabriel is driving my car! LOL!!! Can you imagine just lounging in the backseat with the wifi on and using a laptop? LOL!! Technology can certainly drive me crazy but it can be fun too!!
Wow…your DD sounds like no one is going to mess with her - very awesome!!
Good luck to her as well and keep us updated with how she’s doing.

Safe travels to you and your family. Definitely sounds nice to just be chilling in the back seat - I’d love that!!
Happy belated birthday Slo ! Hope you had a great day !! 🎉💖Thanks for all of your content on here . You make it fun !

We are in the southwest suburbs . A dismeet sounds fun !! I’ve only been posting for about a year now but have been following for tips for years .

Your daughter’s major is giving me ideas for my daughter . She dances and wants to continue to dance in college and at Disneyworld ! After she was thinking physical therapy but it’s a lot of schooling . Not sure she will really want to do that . I think your daughters path is something for her to consider . She will probably teach dance also . She has assisted for 5 years now . She’s a junior in high school . Looking to go to USF in Tampa . Anyway hope to meet up with you guys !
Thank you for the HB wish and for your kind words - they are very appreciated :goodvibes

Hopefully a DIS Meet will work out - they are a lot of fun. I haven’t been to one in a long time due to my DD’s softball schedule, but now that she’s in college I have a little more time. Her college games start the end of February, which is why I’m thinking a DIS Meet will be fun soon after the holidays.

Definitely have your DD look into Exercise Science and I’d have her look into the Disney College Program. If my DD didn’t have her athletic scholarship to play softball, she would have definitely wanted to do this. I know kids that have done it and loved it. Good luck to her in high school and dance - keep us updated with how she is doing.

Good Wednesday Morning!

So
Much
Rain
yesterday 💦☂️💧☔

The sun is shining today so that’s good - gotta love that :cool1:

I keep giving this thread a bump in the hopes for anyone in the area to join in.
For anyone reading this that hasn’t been a part of this thread - don’t hesitate to join in.

Have a good day :wave:

Happy Thursday :wave:

This current weather is unbelievable - this has been the best autumn.
Pleasant weather temps, beautiful tree colors - its all great.

For anyone taking a look at this thread for the first time, or have visited before but haven’t posted, please don’t hesitate to join us. If we get enough people interested, we’ll try and do a DIS Meet after the holidays.

Have a great day! ☀️😎

I agree the weather has been gorgeous here! My son is still playing and practicing soccer outdoors so it’s been a blessing ! It’s been perfect to sit outside and watch him play . We have a few more weeks until thanksgiving break and moving indoors for the season . I hope the mild weather holds out until then ! Enjoy your day everyone ! 💖

I agree the weather has been gorgeous here! My son is still playing and practicing soccer outdoors so it’s been a blessing ! It’s been perfect to sit outside and watch him play . We have a few more weeks until thanksgiving break and moving indoors for the season . I hope the mild weather holds out until then ! Enjoy your day everyone ! 💖
So nice that he’s able to still play outside.
If my DD19 wasn’t away at college, her and I would still be practicing outside - just can’t pass up these beautiful days. I see videos her college coach is putting out and they are still practicing outside - good to see they are taking advantage of this nice weather.

Well Chicago friends….today is last day of our nice weather - boooooo 👎🏻
I hope everyone can get out and enjoy it today.

Just popping in to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving Week.
For those traveling - travel safe
I hope you have a great couple days leading up to the holiday.
EF837917-2E04-490B-A69B-C193AB86201A.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter