calling hotel Del experts

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
I am very excited I am presenting at a conference at the Del in October, so I get 3 free nights, and will pay for 2 to round out the week.

What is your best advice on having a great stay ?

we plan on spending thursday or Friday at Sea World.

Granted I never stayed there personally...My senior prom ('89) was there and my boyfriend took there a few times to just walk around and share a meal. The women of my family have been there for a Christmas tea and that was very nice.

One piece of advice is to not expect a big room. The ones we "peeked" into were so tiny that there was only room for the bed and small table. BUT the charm of the hotel is where "it's" at.

I recommend going to the museum down in the basement and there are some shops down there as well. Lots of history in that hotel.

I also recommend walking around all of the floors and down the hallways and see if you notice any interesting architectural abnormalities.

Excited for your opportunity to stay at the Del!!

We stayed for 3 days a couple of months ago. Our room was in a newer building so it was a normal size. The property was wonderful & we only left it to go up Orange Ave to eat breakfast & dinner or walk the beach :goodvibes we ate breakfast at Villa Nueva (just did pastries).More reasonably priced than the Del's bakery counter.
There are also restaurants the other end of Orange Ave at the Ferry Landing you can drive to or take a cab from the Del.There is a cab stand there for the return trip
We had lunch at Sheerwater (in the Del) food was good and the view can ' t be beat.:thumbsup2
The room has a small fridge and there are stores on Orange Ave you can buy water, soda or adult beverages.
As for Sea World we have been there done that in Orlando so didn 't visit.Old Town Trolley tours have a stop nearby. You can use that if you want to tour SD.It stops in Old Town, downtown San Diego (several locations), Little Italy & Balboa Park . From the Balboa stop you can walk to the SD Zoo which I highly recommend if you haven't been.
We used Old Town Trolley when we stayed in San Diego.
If you are there Sunday morning do the Crown Room brunch.It is expensive but wow what a spread :yay:

I am very excited I am presenting at a conference at the Del in October, so I get 3 free nights, and will pay for 2 to round out the week.

Stay up in Pacific Beach or Mission beach if you can so you are close to SW. Or stay in Downtown La Jolla on Prospect Street... remarkable view! :thumbsup2

The thing is we have a conferen e rate at the Del, so I am not going to pass up the chance to stay there so cheap !

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

1. Go down to the shops and visit the history boards down there. Very interesting stuff.

2. One of my favorite hidden spots is....take the old original elevator to the top floor, get out and head around and find the door that leads to a balcony where you can see the ocean from the outside. Amazing. I will post a picture if you want but I don't want to spoil it for you. If you walk back inside and go up one of the hallways and look outside the window you can see the san diego skyline.

3. Eat on the sundeck and enjoy the ocean views. You can order from Village Pizzeria which is about a block away if you want.

4. Head down the brick pathway that runs along the ocean and take it south and there are some benches for sitting and watching the waves. You will definitely spot dolphins as well.

5. Check out the tree in the Vista Garden. It was in the film Some Like it Hot. Can't remember the name of the tree but I have a picture of it in my trip report. See the link below.

6. Got to go to the oversized hot tub!

7. Head out further on the Vista Garden walk to look out over the pool and onto the ocean. Most people miss this area.

I will try to think of other stuff. Have a great visit!

Agree with KCMike about Village Pizza:) We had dinner there one night.While we ate in, there were several parties that took pizzas away that we recognized from the pool at the Del in the afternoon.;)

Agree with KCMike about Village Pizza:) We had dinner there one night.While we ate in, there were several parties that took pizzas away that we recognized from the pool at the Del in the afternoon.;)

The ultimate though was to take it to the sundeck and watch the sunset over the ocean. Oh the good times. Sigh.

Hey Judy :)

When we stayed there a few years ago we took a really nice boat tour that is just across the street at the marina (from the front entrance) it was pretty cool and we got to see a lot of the harbour that way.

spend some time just wandering the grounds, there are hidden little seating areas to enjoy and the beach there is great. Bonus: the marines do their morning runs there LOL
The older rooms are very small and have short ceilings in the bathrooms (at least that was our experience) and I know that they have changed their signature shampoo and soaps but the old one was one of my all time favourites! I wish I would have bought more when I was there. The shops downstairs are really cool, lots of great stuff

Have fun, we loved it and would go back again in a heartbeat!

Did you stay there yet????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter