Calling WDW Dine is not fun...

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to get thru? I used to get excited about making PSs, but now I dread it.
I'm actually wondering if how you answer the prompts in the beginning regarding if you've been before, etc. determines where in the line you get placed.

This week I have been calling for PSs for our ten year anniversary trip. Hubby asked me to marry him at King Stephen's (now Royal Table) so we wanted to eat here for dinner again. I got on the phone at seven in the morning, ninety days out and waited for forty-five minutes, to then be told the latest seating they had was at 5:05. I thought maybe this was due to the park hours not being out yet, but when I called back today regarding another PS they told me they had as late as 5:45, but they were full.

We are going without the kids and only have three nights so you can imagine we're cramming alot in. So as of now, we've got a GF tea at 2:00 and then dinner at 5:05. :rolleyes:

We can't do it the other day cause we're doing the Keys Tour and eating at California Grill. I just really wanted to do all these things cause we normally can't with the kids.

I'm giving up on the character breakfast at the Royal Table for spring break. I was thinking this might be the last trip my girls might be interested in something like this, but really I don't see anyway I'd ever get thru in time. It is too hard holding on the phone while trying to get my daughter ready for school. The other day I had to have hubby take her to school cause I couldn't bear hanging up after being on hold so long.

Sorry, just wanted to vent. They have all been very nice, but the wait times have become ridiculous. It is amazing the CMs can even keep a chipper attitude.

Hey!:wave2:

Call the 1 -800-828-0228 number. I always make my PS's with this number and I don't have to wait (at least not very long):sunny:

Thanks. :) What number is that? Does it open at 7 so you can get Royal Table, etc.?

I know I can call DVC without too much of a wait, but they don't open until 9 and then it is too late.

Originally posted by lenshanem
Thanks. :) What number is that? Does it open at 7 so you can get Royal Table, etc.?

I know I can call DVC without too much of a wait, but they don't open until 9 and then it is too late.

YEP! They are open at 7! I believe this is the WDW travel co. number. I use this number for ressies and ps.

A word to the wise. I did the tea in September and if you do a full tea it will fill you up and you probably wont want dinner.

Try calling for a later time at the 60 day mark. I wanted dinner at the Plaza at 6:00 or but at the 90 day mark I was told all they had was 4:45, I took it just to have a slot. This is for a Saturday when the MK is open until 11:00
Later, I called just past 60 days and was able to get 6:30. So try again in 30 days.

Originally posted by helenk
Try calling for a later time at the 60 day mark. I wanted dinner at the Plaza at 6:00 or but at the 90 day mark I was told all they had was 4:45, I took it just to have a slot. This is for a Saturday when the MK is open until 11:00
Later, I called just past 60 days and was able to get 6:30. So try again in 30 days.

:D I agree...this is what we did for Dec. trip and we got all our times changed to what we wanted.:D

Originally posted by lenshanem
I'm giving up on the character breakfast at the Royal Table for spring break. I was thinking this might be the last trip my girls might be interested in something like this, but really I don't see anyway I'd ever get thru in time. It is too hard holding on the phone while trying to get my daughter ready for school. The other day I had to have hubby take her to school cause I couldn't bear hanging up after being on hold so long.
Yes, it can be frustrating. But don't give up. I got CRT breakfast on my third day of calling for our May '04 trip. I never thought I'd get it. I also got lucky and got an Illuminations Cruise right off the bat on our first day trying for the same May trip.

Calling first thing in the morning will always get you the longest wait. I've also been hung up on (accidentally, hopefully!) after waiting for over 30 minutes! :eek:

Originally posted by tiggersmom2
Hey!:wave2:

Call the 1 -800-828-0228 number. I always make my PS's with this number and I don't have to wait (at least not very long):sunny:

thanks so much for the toll free number! Helps tons!

As for my experiences with WDW dine, they've been really hit and miss. The first time I got a really sweet lady who always chatted with me, but the next time I got this lady was snappy and there were 60,120-second silences as she was inputting info!

Maybe they put the new people on the 1800 lines because the lady I talked to yesterday was new and you could tell. I first said "Hi, I would like to make ps for Feb and there was this long silence , and I was like "hello????:rolleyes: It took forever and she wasn't nice and bubbly either! :eek: I sure hope she improves! I realize that she might have been new but doesn't Disney at least try to hire people with a personality? :earseek: I have to call again today and I hope I don't get her again! :worried:

So as of now, we've got a GF tea at 2:00 and then dinner at 5:05.

We have the same situation! We are going for our 10th anniversary and the tea is all booked up for when we want it! We have a PS for California Grill that night and tea in the afternoon. I figure we will just each have tea and a small dessert item.

Just finished all my Ps for our trip. Had to wait from 12 min to 27 min. And on some day they said the royal table was sold out. We have all the PS we wanted and just have to check if they have later seating at the royal table on the night we booked we like to get the last seating. this is a blast because you will watch Wishes from in the castle. Then when you leave we were the only people on Main street. great for photos not even a CM around.

We called today to book 2 more PS. The CM we got was really nice and helpful. We booked a PS at boatwrights for Xmas dinner and Chef Mickey for the 26th.

Pretty much got the times we wanted 530 pm :)

This year was the hardest we have ever had with PS. Of course we are going the week before Christmas but it did take forever. After the first 2 times I just sat in front of the tv and listened to news while I waited on hold. That being said, we got EVERYTHING that we wanted. Yay!:Pinkbounc

I used the 1 & 1 method when I was calling for my PS (four days in a row) and I was never on hold. I got everything I wanted at the exact time I wanted. I was using 407-WDW-DINE.

I called them yesterday from the UK at 17:00GMT and managed to book Ohana, Boma and a CP breakfast without any problems (Boma 27th, CP 29th and Ohana 3rd). no waiting at all and a fast friendly operator !

I called several times from our Disney resort room last week. Almost every time I got messages about how busy they were and got put on hold. Each time I was on hold so long I finally gave up and went to the guest relations desk. It's very annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter