Calm, quiet places for a break?

Sorcerer Jody

Mouseketeer
We leave tomorrow and we are so excited!!! One of my kids is going to need regular breaks from the noise and crowds...besides going back to the hotel, what are some of your favourite places in the park to take a quiet break? (Well, fairly quiet - I realize it will be busy everywhere! But just looking for ideas for a few places to sit and take a breath, where there isn't as much noise or busy-ness.) Thanks so much! :)

We leave tomorrow and we are so excited!!! One of my kids is going to need regular breaks from the noise and crowds...besides going back to the hotel, what are some of your favourite places in the park to take a quiet break? (Well, fairly quiet - I realize it will be busy everywhere! But just looking for ideas for a few places to sit and take a breath, where there isn't as much noise or busy-ness.) Thanks so much! :)
The Main Street Cinema used to be nice and quiet for breaks. I haven't been since 2018 but hopefully that is still the case.

The Animation building in California Studios is a nice spot for a break with cold a/c.

Jolly Holiday. I like to get a drink or snack and sit on the porch or one of their other tables.

Take a train ride around the park.

Mark Twain river boat ride. Very relaxing and you get a pretty tour of the river area.

Watch a show like the Lion King.

Chairs under the monorail across from Matterhorn.

Tom Sawyer Island, especially if they need to get a little energy out. Not as many people go there. The little seating area under the Monorail line in between Small World and Edelweiss Snacks. Riding on the Mark Twain Riverboat. The little path that runs along the back of Harbor Galley. The little seating area behind Big Thunder Mountain next to the entrance to Fantasyland.

I love taking an afternoon break in the lobby of GCH. There's comfy seating, it's quiet, and often has a piano player for background music. We usually get something to drink and sometimes snacks.

In DL, besides what's been mentioned, I also like the area in the far back by Winnie the Pooh and that little store back there. It's usually shady and quiet.

We like to go to Tom sawyer Island and sit on the rocking chairs. You can bring your quick serve lunch there if you want.
Great idea! One year my kids wanted to spend like 2 hours there so I got to sit around and realx. It's so quiet and nice, like you're not even at a theme park.

I agree with the area around Winnie The Pooh. There are some nice benches along that path between Galaxy's Edge and Critter Country, too. The Hungry Bear restaurant also has really nice quiet, shady seating on the top level toward the back.

Underneath the Hungry Bear, alllll the way next to the stream. Shady, cool, secluded. Always fun to watch the dragonflies and butterflies chase each other.

Rancho del Zocalo doesn’t open until 11am and usually has its water station set-up. Many times I’ll sit at a shady table and take a break to watch Big Thunder trains go by.

Totally with @Kittyblue on GCH. Many times I will grab a quick service drink at the grill and then hang out in the AC in the lobby. So refreshing. Pro tip: they will give you a regular sized cup for free for water from the Coke self serve machine.

Paradise Garden area at DCA has shade and plenty of tables. Close to restrooms.

The seating area between Alien Pizza Planet and the entry to Space Mountain. It is covered and usually quiet and empty. You can get ice water from the drink machine inside Alien Pizza Planet as well.

The "secret" area on the path behind Harbour Galley. Walk right past the staging area for the Sailing Ship Columbia. Keep it between us!

For CA: Animation Academy- it is cool and even if you can't draw, you will be amazed at how well your drawings turn out. If someone doesn't want to draw, they can just sit and relax and watch--- but every family member of mine that has claimed they aren't going to draw winds up picking up the paper and having fun. For outside, there is also a path back by Grizzly River Run that is out of the way and quiet-- I've been back there when no one else has been on that path at all.

Great Moments with Mr Lincon is one of my favorite places to get away. It's quiet for a while, and then the show starts but it's a calm show. Honestly, I could easily nap in there!
Oh so good. I've taken many a sleepy-hot-baby in there to relax, as well as the hubby! HAHA. Also, a GREAT show.

Edited to add: The lobby area alone is a great place to hang out and relax. Many times the Cinema is full and people are sitting on the ground. I can usually always find a place to rest in the AC in Lincoln's lobby.

I like all of these, but also... Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at DCA. Obviously not the middle part where all the kids play and such. But if you turn left when you walk in, there's an area with picnic tables and if you catch it at the right time of day, it is very shaded and quiet. There are also a few other spots if you stay to the outside of that area that are quiet and shaded. Perfect for a mid-afternoon break.

My kids have autism and one is prone to meltdowns. This is where we go when we need a bit of peace/privacy.

DL Park:

The area outside the bathrooms near the train station in Tomorrowland. There is a low wall you can sit on and other than the bathroom traffic, it's a quiet little space.

Big Thunder Trail, near the Star Wars Land entrances. There are benches here although shade is kind of hard to find.

Rancho del Zocalo (lots of seating and it's not often busy, so we find a seat in the corner somewhere)

Hungry Bear, upstairs towards the back near where the train passes by.

Alien Pizza Planet outdoor seating area in the breezeway where the Space Mountain entrance is. This area is outdoors BUT also covered and air conditioned. We get a snack or drink nearby and sit here for a bit.

Tables under the shade near the Tomorrowlanding/Galactica Grill seating area

In DCA:

Sonoma Terrace seating area

Paradise Garden seating area

Pym's overflow seating area near the Hyperion Theater

Seating area for Award Weiners behind Mickeys Philharmagic

Benches on the Grizzly River Run trail

Walkway between Pacific Wharf and Carsland (the back way). Flos tables back there are nice and peaceful and you can watch the cars race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter