Camcorder or Digital Camera

rodkenrich

DIS Veteran
[/I][/B] I would like to know which of the two optical devices between the camcorder and the digital camera would be more sufficient or feasible in terms of usage at Disney?:confused:

Originally posted by rodkenrich
[/I] I would like to know which of the two optical devices between the camcorder and the digital camera would be more sufficient or feasible in terms of usage at Disney?:confused: [/B]
Speaking in terms of size, if the camcorder is small enough without causing a burden, would the camcorder become the better tool?;)

There is no substitute for a camcorder when it comes to capturing memories of a trip.

I carry one even though its a bit of a pain. We love to "re-live" the trip over and over as we watch the video. The sights as well as the sounds brings back the excitement and happiness of being there in a way that still photos can't.

For example when at the Lion King show in AK my 10yr old DD got called up to lead the crowd in a lion roar and play an instrument in the show - I got it on film.

I even take the camcorder to the water parks. I put it in a locker when I am finished filming.

With the new combo palmcorders that take both stills and videos you can do both with one camera.

Do yourself a favour, if you have a video camera - take it! and take lots of video, you will enjoy it for decades to come.

I agree with PaulG. Although it is a bit of a pain to lug the camcorder around, the memories are priceless! Our camcorder also takes still shots, so we get some great photos in the process. And if you're going to lug around the camcorder, the digital camera can't be that much heavier (we take both), so bring them both. The only problem we had with our camcorder was going from the air conditioned room to the extreme heat of the outdoors(we went in July last year-ugh!). It actually took a couple of hours for the camcorder to acclamate to the heat. It wouldn't film at all until it warmed up. We even tried putting it in a bag in our room away from any cool air, but the humidity was so bad outside that it needed to adjust. You won't regret taking the camcorder, though. There are just some moments that a still picture can't capture. Good luck, whatever you decide!

Sheri

Consider a mini-dv! It takes digital pictures and at the flip of a switch it makes movies too!

It is what I have and I absolutely adore it. It is very small, uses the tiniest size of tapes and then the thumb-sized memory cards for pictures. You can still pick and choose images you don't want and if you hook it to your computer (you'd have to get the card for it) you can edit your movies.

I strongly recommend it. Mine is a Canon, and years ago I bought it for about $700, but it is an older model now going for about $400. The convenience is amazing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter