• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camera restrictions

DisneyFanxoxoxo

DisneyFanxoxoxo
Hey! So when I go to Disneyland I wanted to make it a point to vlog a little and take some pictures with a camera. Any restrictions on any of that? Or any suggestions on what camera to bring or what you can and can't take pictures of/film?

I have taken a Nikon DSLR, a Nikon point and shoot a go pro and have never had any issues.

I haven't come across any restrictions about specific types of cameras. There are the usual restrictions requesting that you don't use external lighting or take flash photography in dark rides/shows. There is also a ban on selfie sticks.

Is there any fuss with asking if Castmembers can take photos with your camera at a meet and greet?

Nope! Cast Members are always happy to use your camera or phone to take pictures. Just be nice and have it ready to go for them to keep it easy.

There is a restriction on tripods. You can't take in a full size one.

Extendable ones. The short sticks are not banned last I checked.

So the short ones for putting a GoPro on top (those hand grips you use to hold it properly) are still allowed? I was a little worried that they don’t like those either. Because they kind of extend your reach at least for a few inches...

So the short ones for putting a GoPro on top (those hand grips you use to hold it properly) are still allowed? I was a little worried that they don’t like those either. Because they kind of extend your reach at least for a few inches...
I think they are allowed as long as they are less than a foot long

Yes we took our floating handle and was never told it was not allowed. We recorded everywhere with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter