Camera strap

Maybe... but the digital camo print my Crumpler matches my Converse, so what's a girl to do? It's comfy and coordinates.

ahhhh now that you've given that info I agree you made the right choice...

The large red "Mickey parts" strap currently sold in the parks is very uncomfortable. It cost a little less than $20 if I am remembering correctly. I wish I did not waste the money.

I've actually been thinking about sewing up a Disney fabric camera strap cover for my camera strap. There are some Etsy sellers who make and sell camera strap covers, but there doesn't seem to be anything Disney-themed there right now. This would be another option to Disney-fy the camera strap without having to search out a licensed strap and then finding yourself at the mercy of whether it turned out to be comfy or not.

The large red "Mickey parts" strap currently sold in the parks is very uncomfortable. It cost a little less than $20 if I am remembering correctly. I wish I did not waste the money.

Yes, you are correct they are about $18 and are VERY uncomfortable I can't imagine walking aroudn the parks for any length of time with that strap. I think I'm actually about to try to take the red part with the Mickey parts on it and try to cover my very comfortable strap that I got at Best Buy for $14!!

Handstrap is my favorite. A good neckstrap is my next favorite. I hate wrist straps. They're better than nothing with a small camera.

Ok, I modify my response, I acutally have a hand strap not a wrist strap.

I've actually been thinking about sewing up a Disney fabric camera strap cover for my camera strap. There are some Etsy sellers who make and sell camera strap covers, but there doesn't seem to be anything Disney-themed there right now. This would be another option to Disney-fy the camera strap without having to search out a licensed strap and then finding yourself at the mercy of whether it turned out to be comfy or not.

Thanks for the Etsy tip--there are some cute ones! I found this one that is Disny themed: http://www.etsy.com/listing/44881968/camera-strap---minnie-mouse-red---slr-ds?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=straps+for+dslr+camera&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

It is an actual strap and not a strap cover. I'm wondering if this might be a good source for a bag as well.

ETA: I know someone that sells on Etsy, and I imagine that if you found some material that you liked or had a special request they would work with you.

I just bought a black rapid strap for my dslr–*the early results seem really good.

For my P&S I use a leather wrist strap by "gordy straps."

I can't stand anything hanging on my neck... Its a wrist strap or tripod or nothing for me.

Mikeeee

Standard neck strap for my SLR and a wrist strap for the baby point-and-shoot (I keep it in my pocketbook so I'm never without a camera). Even if I don't always use them, it's handy to be able to have a little insurance on your grip for some shots to ensure you don't drop the camera. Also allows me to carry the SLR without having to have a bag with me.

I also enjoy handing my cameras to my 12-year-old son from time to time, and I insist that he use the strap.

Neoprene wrist strap, tightened so that there is not slack from the strap to the camera.

OEM neck strap.... Ya I know I'm a sucker for pain, but someone has to represent Nikon. Besides the bright yellow lettering matches my eyes or so I have been told............!! :rolleyes1

Neck strap, but it's got to be the right neck strap. I like the Crumpler Industry Disgrace. It distributes weight well and I don't have a problem with it irritating my skin when I get hot and sweaty like with many straps.

Just took a look at that online- it looks like a pretty nice strap. I have been kind of not-happyish lately with the BR- I think I might just order one.

After a lot of research between the BlackRapid straps and the Luma Loop, I'm using the Luma Loop with my T2i.

It is like the BlackRapid strap but I feel better engineered. I really like it.

At first I went through two different hand straps but just didn't like the way they felt.

Just took a look at that online- it looks like a pretty nice strap. I have been kind of not-happyish lately with the BR- I think I might just order one.

care to elaborate on the not-happyish feelings about your BR ??

have you checked out the optech dual harness, it's awesome if you have 2 cameras, and can also be used with just one camera, and the fact that it's optechs modular system makes it that much better..

After a lot of research between the BlackRapid straps and the Luma Loop, I'm using the Luma Loop with my T2i.

It is like the BlackRapid strap but I feel better engineered. I really like it.

At first I went through two different hand straps but just didn't like the way they felt.

this is the first I've heard of the Luma Loop so I went to their website to check it out,

although they have a video showing the strength of the strap, my concern would be the way they show it attached to the camera, using just one of the normal strap lugs on the camera body, this is doubling the stress on that one lug since it is now supporting the full weight of camera and lens rather than just half

this is the first I've heard of the Luma Loop so I went to their website to check it out,

although they have a video showing the strength of the strap, my concern would be the way they show it attached to the camera, using just one of the normal strap lugs on the camera body, this is doubling the stress on that one lug since it is now supporting the full weight of camera and lens rather than just half
While I think it is unlikely for a strap mount to fail on a body (depending on camera manufacturer), I also had the same concern and ordered mine with the PodMount accessory.

If I'm in a situation where I think I'll need to switch between a tripod and hand holding then I'll use the strap mount instead.

I searched the web to see if I could fine any stories of strap mounts failing on Canon rebel bodies and didn't come up with anything.

While I think it is unlikely for a strap mount to fail on a body (depending on camera manufacturer), I also had the same concern and ordered mine with the PodMount accessory.

If I'm in a situation where I think I'll need to switch between a tripod and hand holding then I'll use the strap mount instead.

I searched the web to see if I could fine any stories of strap mounts failing on Canon rebel bodies and didn't come up with anything.

I've seen it happen to cameras, actually had it happen to me, with my minolta 7D, luckily I caught the camera inches from the ground..

I hope you are 100% correct, because I'd hate to see anyones camera hit the ground, but for me personally it's not a risk I'm willing to take, plus I often have a flash mounted on one of my cameras, so upright is the best way to carry them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter