Camping at Mc Arthur Burney Falls State Park

kaoden39

<font color=peach>Prayers and pixie dust from your
My DH and I are going on a second honeymoon to McArthur Burney Falls State Park in Northern California. We are going to rent one of the cabins and I was wondering if anyone else has.

A few years ago I spent a day there (not overnight, not in the cabins). It's a lovely park, very scenic. Nice short hike to the falls. Enjoy!

A few years ago I spent a day there (not overnight, not in the cabins). It's a lovely park, very scenic. Nice short hike to the falls. Enjoy!

We have camped there in our tent. I am very fond of the campground. The area is beautiful. I am curious if anyone had ever stayed in the cabins before, last time we were there the cabins weren't even built yet.

Burney Falls is my family's annual camping destination, although until this summer it had been a couple years. This summer our camp site was located right next to an empty cabin. Basically it's walls, a door and cots. I can't tell you more because I didn't actually stay in one.

I can tell you they have redone the bathrooms and shows and they are super nice now. I dreaded taking DD4 into the spider and bug ridden bathrooms at night but I didn't see a single bug in the new ones. The floors and walls are tiled with a very high ceiling and low lights to keep from attracting the bugs. Love it!

Burney Falls is my favorite campground but we live in the San Francisco bay area so it is a little far for a weekend trip. We tend to go locally to a few really nice campgrounds in the bay area named Samuel P Taylor St. park, China Camp St. park, and Salt Point if you are interested in campfrounds in this area. The first two are as popular as Burney is, so you have to make early reservations to stay in them for weekends.

My favorite campsite at Burney is number 82. It is wonderfully shady. It has been about 5 years since we have been there so the cabins are totally new to us. As are the new bathrooms. And boy some of those bathrooms were getting pretty old and nasty.

Have you ever gone over to the McCloud area to the McCloud river and falls area? That area is beautiful. We love that area too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter