Camping in December

drewc

Mouseketeer
We just bought an older RV, and would love to camp at Ft. Wilderness. We were already planning on going to Disney in December of next year, and are now considering driving down in the RV. We'll do some local practice trips in the meantime to get the hang of this.

Anyone have any experience camping during early December? Can we expect to be able to use the pools (I'm guessing they're heated)? Are all the normal activities in place during this value season period?

Are the preferred loops worth the extra $, in regard to being closer to the action?

Finally, does each loop have bus service, or do you have to walk to some central bus stop or location?

Thanks!

I would love to hear the answers too. We bought our new RV a month ago and have gone on one short trip. We are leaving again on Sunday for our 2nd trip. We would like to get the hang of this also because we are taking ours from Wisconsin to FW in Dec. 2004. Made reservations for a preferred site about 3 weeks ago. Didn't request a specific loop at that time---can i call back and request one if I want. We are hoping to use the pools, we dont care if it is cold. I hope all activities are going on too. One question, because we will have our truck would it be quicker to drive to all the parks instead of taking the boat or bus?? Thanks.

By the way if you go to the FW map it shows you where all the loops are including all bus stops.

Before we moved here we lived in Memphis and we went to Disney every December.
The best trips we ever had were in our motor home to Fort Wilderness.
The first 2 weeks in December are the best because of the lack of crowds. The decorations are beautiful. The weather could be anything from hot to cold but we usually had to run the air almost every day.

Joe

It would be a good idea to take clothing for every type of weather,,,It does get cold in the winter,but i have stayed there before and went swimming in Dec...one can never tell about the wether down there...
enjoy

The first two weeks in dec. are the best... Decorated for the holidays. they are really beautiful... the crowds are down... we were there last year and we have ressies for the first week of Dec. this year. our favorite time of the year to go to FW...
And the weather will, only God knows, it changes from year to year. so as time gets closer to your trip just check out the weather for Orlando... just be prepared for all types of weather...

Happy planning.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc me too me too:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We've been that time before, but not camping. I can't wait!! We'll be there the 12th-19th. It looked like the 19th is when schools should go on break.

did you all see where the suburban street at MGM won't be lit up/open this year. My DH was ready to cancel the trip! but the rest of us said NO WAY!!!!:tongue:

The pools are heated and you should be able to swim. All the normal activities are going on and because of the early sundown they even get in an extra movie at the campfire program. The busses do stop at all camping loops. There are two main bus stops where you can transfer to busses that go to the other parts of WDW. We always use the boat to go to MK but drive to all the other parks. The bus service to the other parks is not bad, we just like having our car at the park because we park hop a lot and carry drinks and snacks in the car to try to save a little money on food. We never get the preferred loops. They seem to be a little closer together and I don't go camping to have cable TV. However, if you have kids and plan on going to the campfire and pool a lot the 1400 loop is a good preferred loop. Like the others have said the weather will be mild by most of the country's standards but can still require coats and shorts on the same day.

The busses don't stop at every loop. There are three main roads through Ft Wilderness with a bus stop at every entrance to a group of loops. For instance, there is a bus stop at the entrance to loops 1600-1900.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter