Can’t modify resort online have to call

Online chat told me this morning there has never been a change/cancel option for online resort modifications! I replied that was not correct and that up until very recently that option was always available. I want to make several changes and additions to my current reservations so I hope the buttons return ASAP. Disney doesn't want us to call but then removes the way we can avoid calling.

Online chat told me this morning there has never been a change/cancel option for online resort modifications! I replied that was not correct and that up until very recently that option was always available. I want to make several changes and additions to my current reservations so I hope the buttons return ASAP. Disney doesn't want us to call but then removes the way we can avoid calling.
8DD8517B-B66F-485B-AE11-6F078416FAF9.gif
Don’t you love it when you call for help, and you need to explain the situation to the CMs? I also have a room only res that I modified in the app and went in a few days later to cancel, and the button was gone. I have two weeks before it has to be cancelled, so I’m hoping the button reappears before then.

While the occasional inability to modify/cancel has popped up for some folks over time, this is the first time I can recall a situation where everyone is impacted.

I certainly hope Disney is working on this as it is immensely annoying for those of us with multiple trips who like to tinker!

I use the modify button to check for discounts when I book way in advance. I almost always score a discount before my trip.

I book at the campground and lots of people book and cancel at the campground. I get what I can and add days as they become available.

This stinks!

Not happy here too. I need to modify, and I guess I'll have to call. Boo.

It's really ridiculous how much misinformation they give out
Their own messages given out when you call tell you to look online for the modify button
How stupid for their chat to not know about it
Just another reason it's a waste of time to ever ask them about such things

I just had a 3rd chat CM tell me online changes and cancelations have never been allowed for room only reservations. According to the CM to add a guest, add a celebration, apply a discount to an existing reservation all require a phone call.

Maybe it's a policy change, and they are pretending it has always been this way.
Or they are trying to make us all feel like we are going crazy...🤷‍♀️

I just had a 3rd chat CM tell me online changes and cancelations have never been allowed for room only reservations. According to the CM to add a guest, add a celebration, apply a discount to an existing reservation all require a phone call.

Maybe it's a policy change, and they are pretending it has always been this way.
Or they are trying to make us all feel like we are going crazy...🤷‍♀️
I had to call twice yesterday to change or cancel. The Disney phone menu says " you can change your resort online... go to www...... " Maybe they should remove that prompt??? :sad2: :rotfl:

And yet somehow (a couple of months ago) I managed to add a day and shift my room only reservation myself online.
It's beyond annoying with the fibbing. If it's a policy change, own up WDW.

And yet somehow (a couple of months ago) I managed to add a day and shift my room only reservation myself online.
It's beyond annoying with the fibbing. If it's a policy change, own up WDW.
It could be those CMs have never had it any other way. They could be trained that guests need to call. As a phone employee you don't always know the history, you know what you're trained on though.

IDK it's definitely a possibility that's happening for some people in getting CMs who never knew any differently

Yep, I can also confirm that I was able to make online modifications just a few weeks ago, but have lost that ability on all three future reservations. While the phone line wait time was significant (over an hour) for my last change, the CM was delightful, despite needing to bump up a request to decrease by a day to a supervisor.

It could be those CMs have never had it any other way. They could be trained that guests need to call. As a phone employee you don't always know the history, you know what you're trained on though.

IDK it's definitely a possibility that's happening for some people in getting CMs who never knew any differently
No matter what it is bad training because it is wrong
There is never any excuse for bad training

I hope it’s just poorly trained CM and the change isn’t permanent. It wouldn’t be the first time they gave out wrong information on the phone. They definitely are losing out on me spending more. I saw a more expensive room for my dates that was in club level and I was tempted to make the switch but it was 11 at night so I would have to double book to do it and then cancel later. Too much of a hassle

No matter what it is bad training because it is wrong
There is never any excuse for bad training
It's not bad training with the example I gave. If they weren't trained that there was a different policy that's what it is. You don't have to like this answer but it's the truth.

Believe it or not not every employee is lying, they don't know what they don't know.

We've all encountered something like this where we know something used to be the protocol but isn't any long. How we react to that obviously differs person to person.

Wondering if they may be trying to close the loophole of people booking a dummy room to be able to book dining at 60+10 and then cancelling. Easy solution--go back to being able to book six months ahead. In those days, things rarely sold out until much closer to the trip except a few like CRT and O'hana. I hate the 60 day 6am reservation dash.

It's not bad training with the example I gave. If they weren't trained that there was a different policy that's what it is. You don't have to like this answer but it's the truth.

Believe it or not not every employee is lying, they don't know what they don't know.

We've all encountered something like this where we know something used to be the protocol but isn't any long. How we react to that obviously differs person to person.
No, Sorry. If they've been trained to tell a guest that you could never change a reservation online that is bad training. You can't spin it any other way. The correct training would be that it was possible but is not now. Even temp or perm is not significant technically. But to tell a CS rep to tell guests it was never possible is flat out wrong. How on earth can you not see that? I sure hope you are not responsible for company wide training protocols ever. To give out incorrect info is never the way

Never claimed they were lying by the way. I said it was bad training.

Wondering if they may be trying to close the loophole of people booking a dummy room to be able to book dining at 60+10 and then cancelling. Easy solution--go back to being able to book six months ahead. In those days, things rarely sold out until much closer to the trip except a few like CRT and O'hana. I hate the 60 day 6am reservation dash.
Probably won’t stop that. Just gives people an extra step.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter