Can 12 year old eat off kids menu at Brown Derby

mylightshines

Mouseketeer
Can a 12 year old eat off kids menu at Brown Derby? It is not a Fantasmic reservation. We have the dining plan. I don't think my DD will want to eat off the adult menu especially for 2 points. Can she eat off the kids meal and I pay for it separately? When I made the reservation, I was told that she would have to order off the adult menu and that just doesn't sound right to me.

mylightshines said:
Can a 12 year old eat off kids menu at Brown Derby? It is not a Fantasmic reservation. We have the dining plan. I don't think my DD will want to eat off the adult menu especially for 2 points. Can she eat off the kids meal and I pay for it separately? When I made the reservation, I was told that she would have to order off the adult menu and that just doesn't sound right to me.

Probably not a problem, but you won't know for sure until you get there.

The Dining Plan Brochure requires everyone gets 2 TS credits debited for signature TS meals but the only restaurant that seems to be requiring everyone either uses the dining plan or everyone pays out of pocket is Chef Mickey's.

The children's menu is limited to kids 3-9. Most restaurants allow older kids, and even adults, order off the kids menus but a few posters were charged a higher price, sometimes for a larger portion. I don't think Brown Derby was one of those restaurants. I'd have a different answer if you were getting the FDP.

I doubt you'll have a problem but policies are subject to change without notice and someone has to be one of the first customers when rules are enforced.

Thanks. I will probably stop by earlier in the day and ask. I don't mind paying for an adult meal. I just don't want to use 2 credits when I know she won't eat very much. If I find out early in the day, hopefully that will give me time to make another reservation for dinner.

That doesn't sound like a problem, just let them know that she doesn't like anything on the menu and would like a kid's menu. I highly doubt they'll let the kid starve, lol.

Just let them know in advance that you will be paying for it separately. I have eaten off the kids menu on DDP and no one said I couldn't do that, they were just fine with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter