Can a US citizen buy passes &/or hotels through Disney's foreign websites?

DisFanJosh

Earning My Ears
The most recent info I've seen for this online is from several years ago, & am not sure if rules have changed.
I have a few questions as a citizen in the US, as tickets for 2024 are available on the UK website, & they currently have a 14 day pass for the price of 7.
1: Can I buy the cheaper Disney World tickets on foreign websites(like Disneyholidays.co.uk)?
2: Same as above, but for hotels on site(including Swan/Dolphin)?
3: If I can purchase on foreign Disney websites, can I pay with Disney gift cards I've gotten in the US?
4: Will the US Disney match the prices/promotions of the foreign websites? The UK website offers 14 days including Memory Maker, Park Hopper, Sports/Water option, for basically the price of seven Base individual park tickets.

Thanks for helping.

Nope. You can't buy them and they will not match them. For whatever reason you get deals if you live in Florida or the UK that they don't want other US citizens to have. It's super frustrating for those of us who want to take longer trips, especially if locked out of APs at the same time.
(also for your sanity, stop worrying about it because there's no sign it's ever going to change. Just to rub it in, people from the UK are able to get 14 day tickets for both Disney and UO, they spend two weeks at both for less than we spend on a week at Disney)

I believe you could actually buy I recall threads from the past however you would still be subject to the currency exchange not based on the current listed rate but what your credit card will charge plus any fees should you not have a card that offers no fees. As far as guft cards it is doubtful the site will accept US dollar cards when you are paying in UK currency. Other countries are offered such deals because it costs a lot to fly to the US plus it makes little sense for them to come for a week.
In the end don’t feel cheated as you can hop on a plane go to Disney for a weekend and be at work 9am Monday morning and have spent less then the airfare doing that from the UK.

I believe you could actually buy I recall threads from the past however you would still be subject to the currency exchange not based on the current listed rate but what your credit card will charge plus any fees should you not have a card that offers no fees. As far as guft cards it is doubtful the site will accept US dollar cards when you are paying in UK currency. Other countries are offered such deals because it costs a lot to fly to the US plus it makes little sense for them to come for a week.
In the end don’t feel cheated as you can hop on a plane go to Disney for a weekend and be at work 9am Monday morning and have spent less then the airfare doing that from the UK.
They are supposed to verify address, like if you buy Florida resident tickets.
But whether or not they do, flights London to MCO are comparable to flights to many US cities right now. That's been true for years because every time someone says that I go look again. Even if it were the case, there was never a good reason for Disney to charge a thousand dollars less per person because their flight was a couple hundred more. It's always been weird. If we got the UK deals many in the US would spend longer vacations there too.

If the tickets are only offered to those who reside in that country, then no you can't buy it if you actually live in the USA. It is a bit like trying to get the discount offered for Florida residents when you really live in North Dakota. Your home address and credit cards will indicate you live elsewhere.

A little off topic, but FYI the same is not true for Disneyland Paris. I live in the US and am after visiting Paris for a few days going to visit Disneyland Paris for a few days. For that I was able to purchase my hotel and tickets on the UK website for a good $80 per night less than on the US website for an upcoming stay in Sept. At the time I booked part of that was that the pound was super low against the dollar at the time I made the purchase. I paid in full even though I didn't have to, to take advantage of the exchange rate at the time I booked.

Thank you all for your feedback. I guess I will just have to make it & pay more for less time at Disney World.

Again, Thanks all & have a Fantasmic day.

I really don’t have specific details, but lately I’ve read about reports from peole who did buy from UK sites. This is from a post on the ”how much is your 2023 vacation going to cost” thread. This poster bought a 7 days ticket, but I have seen some posts lately from people who have gotten the 14 day UK tickets.

Themepark Tickets: Purchased from attractiontickets, UK site but, no problem with linking them in my Disney App already. 7 day park hopper with waterparks and more, includes memory maker and magicbands. Bought in November during their holiday sale, $2397

Another post

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wow-dvc-prices.3910718/post-64644079

Last edited:
I was one of the people who mentioned this in the UK forum. We are from the US, traveling with our family members from the UK. We bought these 14-day tickets for everyone back in Nov 2022. I used my own credit card with a US address and everything went through fine. I gave the website the family members' UK address and phone number (when I chatted online), but I was allowed to use my own US credit card with a US address. Our trip is in April so we haven't used the tickets yet, but I linked them in my Disney account without any issues. It would have been crazy to allow certain family members to only buy the 7 day passes and the rest the 14 day passes. We are all linked in my Disney account and staying in the same resorts, so splitting all the tickets and resorts would have been a headache for all of us. I almost asked my sister who lives in the UK to buy tickets with her UK credit card, but ultimately didn't need to do that.

The most recent info I've seen for this online is from several years ago, & am not sure if rules have changed.
I have a few questions as a citizen in the US, as tickets for 2024 are available on the UK website, & they currently have a 14 day pass for the price of 7.
1: Can I buy the cheaper Disney World tickets on foreign websites(like Disneyholidays.co.uk)?
2: Same as above, but for hotels on site(including Swan/Dolphin)?
3: If I can purchase on foreign Disney websites, can I pay with Disney gift cards I've gotten in the US?
4: Will the US Disney match the prices/promotions of the foreign websites? The UK website offers 14 days including Memory Maker, Park Hopper, Sports/Water option, for basically the price of seven Base individual park tickets.

Thanks for helping.
I’m not sure about whether you can purchase UK tickets as a US resident, but I do know that US gift cards can’t be used in the UK as the currency is different. You’d have to pay with a card. Just make sure you use a card that doesn’t charge high fees for foreign currency spending!

I was one of the people who mentioned this in the UK forum. We are from the US, traveling with our family members from the UK. We bought these 14-day tickets for everyone back in Nov 2022. I used my own credit card with a US address and everything went through fine. I gave the website the family members' UK address and phone number (when I chatted online), but I was allowed to use my own US credit card with a US address. Our trip is in April so we haven't used the tickets yet, but I linked them in my Disney account without any issues. It would have been crazy to allow certain family members to only buy the 7 day passes and the rest the 14 day passes. We are all linked in my Disney account and staying in the same resorts, so splitting all the tickets and resorts would have been a headache for all of us. I almost asked my sister who lives in the UK to buy tickets with her UK credit card, but ultimately didn't need to do that.
That's good to know. Perhaps I'll give that a try then. Was it through the Disneyholidays.co.uk, or a different booking website?

Did the tickets work out well for your trip?

Did the tickets work out well for your trip?
I'm curious how your trip worked out as well. We have family in the Uk too and wondered if this was a viable option. How did your tickets get delivered? Was it just through email? I'm not sure if I even want to ask them if we can use their address.

How did your trip go?

You can buy the UK tickets via a third-party seller as a US resident. I recently saw something about this on another Disboards thread and did a bunch of research before buying. There are several third-party sellers to choose from, such as Attraction Tickets and Orlando Attraction Tickets. Note that, as you’ll be paying in foreign currency, you need to be sure to use a credit card with no foreign transaction fees. I purchased 14-day Magic tickets for an upcoming WDW trip this July, and it saved our family hundreds of dollars. I already have our tickets loaded in MDE and ready to go!

You can buy the UK tickets via a third-party seller as a US resident. I recently saw something about this on another Disboards thread and did a bunch of research before buying. There are several third-party sellers to choose from, such as Attraction Tickets and Orlando Attraction Tickets. Note that, as you’ll be paying in foreign currency, you need to be sure to use a credit card with no foreign transaction fees. I purchased 14-day Magic tickets for an upcoming WDW trip this July, and it saved our family hundreds of dollars. I already have our tickets loaded in MDE and ready to go!
Hi Tiny tink. I found the other post you were talking about. Which site did you end up purchasing from? Did it not matter that you were in America? Have you received the tickets and did they link to MDE ok? I'm nervous about doing this . . . wondering if I should just try it with one ticket first before I do all 6.

Hi Tiny tink. I found the other post you were talking about. Which site did you end up purchasing from? Did it not matter that you were in America? Have you received the tickets and did they link to MDE ok? I'm nervous about doing this . . . wondering if I should just try it with one ticket first before I do all 6.
I purchased via Orlando Attraction Tickets. I messaged them via Facebook prior to attempting to purchase, to confirm they were allowed to sell to US residents. I had a hiccup or two in the buying process and used their live chat feature (during their office hours in the UK), and they were super friendly and helpful. I received the tickets via email and have them linked in MDE and ready for our trip. I also looked at purchasing with Attraction Tickets, and had messaged them and confirmed that they could also sell to US residents. Only chose the company I did because it was a little cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter