Can any recent HHI visitors give me some information?

ratfam

Mouseketeer
Our family has thus far been very careful about social distancing and limiting our contact, and we are planning to continue--this is just what works for us. However, with work insanity we would love to get a break by a beach and are considering trying to pick up a last minute HHI reservation. I am wondering if anyone who has been there recently can tell me about practices and experiences. What were the cleaning protocols for villas? Were things very crowded if you were out walking around? Was it possible to distance at the beach? Were there regulations enforced for distancing at the pool? How was cleaning of public restrooms? Were people wearing masks consistently? We would not eat at restaurants as we are not doing that at home but would likely take advantage of curbside/carry out. Thanks in advance for any information any recent visitors can provide to help us make our decision!

We were there June 7-13, but not at Disney resort. Was supposed to be but they didn't open in time so we rented a place over in Shelter Cove called Harbourside III. When we went it was pretty wild. Not much mask wearing. Shortly after is when numbers started to go up there. Anyway...some restaurants had servers and staff in masks and many did not. Shopping... little beachy stores did not require masks or really monitor number of people inside. But the chain store (like Spartina 449 and Francesca's) did. Some restaurants did have staff with masks. Most folks in the grocery stores wore masks. Most restaurant guests did not wear masks...pretty much 98% didn't.

The beach was easy to social distance. Just pick a spot away from others and go in water away from others. The beach was more crowded than we have seen (but we typically come from Sept-May). But still was easy enough to distance.

Now things, I believe, have tightened up a bit more and there is mandatory mask wearing. They did clean well when we were there. Always spraying down tables and chairs before you sit. And they also spaced out tables and crossed of sections at the bars so you would be spaced out. And there is a ton of outdoor seating. We did that whenever we could. But also felt fine sitting at inside bar with no other patrons within a good 8-10 feet.

Dining, try to make reservations or go at off times (maybe for lunch or early dinner). And sit outside when you can. Can do carry out as well. We did Door Dash (or one of those) one night and sat on balcony and just watched the marina below. I got a lot of small plate type (appetizer) food from Kroger and we threw that out for some lunches and a dinner. And drank a lot (had to keep hitting Kroger for that so buy/bring enough from the jump maybe...LOL). It was me and husband and twin daughters (aged 21) so we all enjoyed that.

I hear the Disney resort is doing a decent job with the whole COVID stuff. But maybe someone else can chime in who has been. ALso maybe do a search here to see if any reports in other threads (or on other forums). I do remember reading a review and it was positive.

Oh and our resort's pool they removed half the deck chairs and spaced them out. There was one family of like 10-12 that went out every morning and took one whole side (plus). They were there all day every day. Kinda bugged me. But my girls and I managed to find quiet empty time to go take a dip a few times. And a few times we just toughed out with the other family. Tried to distance. Sat on other side of pool.

Oh and our resort's pool they removed half the deck chairs and spaced them out. There was one family of like 10-12 that went out every morning and took one whole side (plus). They were there all day every day. Kinda bugged me. But my girls and I managed to find quiet empty time to go take a dip a few times. And a few times we just toughed out with the other family. Tried to distance. Sat on other side of pool.
Check over at the DVC HH Lovers thread . Good recent info posted on there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter