Can anyone explain what "walking a reservation" means?

Does walking have to be done by calling in? Can you not adjust your dates online?

Back in the days when you reserved your unit by your departure day, not arrival day, members would book single night reservations and then call back the next day and add one more night. When they changing making a reservation based on your arrival date, you couldn't get what you needed by doing one night at a time. Thus, walking was born.

Hilton Grand Vacations Club you still book your stay by departure day.

Interesting. Disney doesn't suspect or care when one calls back everyday to push their start/end dates back again and again?

I actually emailed DVC on this- they said it is allowed by their rules and unofficially suggest doing it during certain times. They also understood why I thought it was unfair but they are fully aware of the term and process.

I wonder what will happen when they start allowing modification of reservations online, as well as when they introduce the DVC app they're working on... seems like that would make walking easier but at the same time I would still like them make those changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter