Can anyone give me a crowd AND cost comparison?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
we've gone the last two januarys in a row. we have lucked out in that the weather has been AWESOME. There are two things making me consider moving our week next year, though:
1) the week after we left it was too cold to swim. we've been lucky so far that that hasn't happened to us, but i don't like the idea of relying on luck all the time...i need it to be in the 60s or 70s for sure.
2) the park hours are severely shortened. it was frustrating to have close times at 8pm the whole time.

I'm Ok with the moderate crowds. We have been enough and know well enough how to tour that I'm not gonna panic with level 5/6/7 crowds. However, I KNOW i can't do 8/9/10. I also want to go during a "value" time cost-wise.

I can go basically anytime. Janaury is great for my DH for work, but I'm sure we could make something else work. Are there other times I should consider besides January, bearing in mind that I don't want 85+ temps. TIA!

My favorite for crowds and weather was early December. The weather was great and the crowds were very manageable especially MK crowds on party days. I can't speak to hotel cost but I can say that in 2017 12-1 through 12-14 were in the lowest point category for DVC.

I found this to be very helpful. They have several varieties of ranking weeks for 2018 and 2019 by crows and cost.

https://**************.net/2016/10/31/2018-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

If you want to be sure not to have 85+ temperatures, then don't go anytime April through October.

March and November are our two favorite months weather-wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter