Can anyone out there give me an idea of how bad Spider-Man is for motion sickness?

PrincessHanasMom

Mouseketeer
Can anyone out there give me an idea of how bad Spider-Man is for motion sickness? I’m a newbie to universal. I know my 6 yo son would LOVE this ride, but not sure I could ride with him.
For context:
Tolerated Gringotts fine (with Dramamine), but was afraid to even try Forbidden Journey. I could feel minion movie even in stationary seats. Handled Flights of Passage at Disney ok, with some post-ride recovery time, but totally worth it. How does Spidey compare to these rides?

personally I think if you tolerated gringotts you'll be ok on FB and spiderman. I suggest sitting in the back for spiderman - might not effect you as much.

I agree that if you could handle Gringott's, then you should be fine on Spider-Man. If it is the screens that triggers motion sickness, then try looking down or closing your eyes (I've read many people suggest that). If it is the motion of the ride car, then I guess there's not much more you can do, but I don't think Spider-Man is too "spinny."

I can handle FOP mostly. If I don't close my eyes at all during the ride, I need a few minutes afterwards to make sure I don't fall down. Bizarrely, I've found if don't look head on, if I have my head at a 45 degree angle, I make out better. I haven't tried that yet at Universal.

I can handle Gringotts. I haven't tried Forbidden Journey as it seems like it would not work out well for me.

To me Transformers and Spiderman are the same ride. I can handle 1 ride per day, the earlier in the day the better. I have to close my eyes at times, more so in Spiderman than Transformers. My kids are teenagers so I don't need to go on with them, but if I had a 6 year old, I could go on the ride with him and just keep my eyes closed. If they were closed the entire ride, I'm pretty sure I could do it multiple times early in the day.

I did try Transformer ride multiple times once. Rode it in the morning went to IOA and then came back to Transformers at the end of the day. I truly thought I was going to vomit on the ride. It was terrible and stressful and I will never do that again. Actually, I really won't go on either of these rides late in the day. If I've already been on a lot of rides, any rides - Mummy, MIB, rides that don't make me feel ill, tolerating these is more difficult for me.

I haven't tried draminine as my previous experiences with it hasn't gone well. It just puts me to sleep. Deeply asleep.

I read lots of reviews about motion sickness and rides and what I've found is that it varies. The above poster said if you;re fine on Grigrott's, then Spiderman should work for for you. I have no issues with Gringotts, but I can't make it through Spiderman.

Spider-Man has one part where it spins around 4 or 5 revolutions.......I can’t close my eyes for motion sickness as it makes it worse for me. I focus on the front of the vehicle or someone’s head in front.......but I don’t find SM bad at all and can ride it numerous times. Transformers is entirely different........something to do with the pixels on the screen I was told.....so I don’t do that ride now.

Gringotts is mild, but FJ is one of the biggest offenders for motion sickness in the parks, after the Simpsons.

But, you really need to try yourself......what makes someone else bad may not make you bad......

Hope you have a great trip........

Yeah, I don't generally get queasy on anything, but Simpsons gets me and I can get a slight twinge on FJ. I do have one person in my family that is more sensitive and they need Dramamine for Minions (motion or stationary), but don't for Spider-man.

The only part of Spiderman that makes me a little queasy is simulated fall part. For me, its mostly how fast the action on the screen is that gets me. Transformers is not good for me.

Neither me or my friend felt sick. He felt sick after Forbidden Journey and I felt sick after The Simpsons so it honestly depends on you but generally I'd say there's other rides that have more motion sickness complaints.

My son and I visited IOA 1st time in early June. We both experience car sickness on long road trips. I have to admit, I was not prepared for Spiderman and so glad I rode it last as we were leaving the park. We headed off to IOA from Disney on a whelm; otherwise, would have been gobbling up children’s dramamine like pez candy.

Considering your history, I would imagine you should be able to handle Spiderman. The most dramatic part is the spinning portion. Which I think might change things a little. However, all in all, Spiderman is tame compared to some other simulators. If you do not mind spinning for a few turns you should be fine.

Forbidden Journey makes me very sick if I don't take any anti-nausea meds. Spiderman has no effect on me. Transformers makes me slightly nauseous. FoP makes me slightly nauseous by the end. Gringotts has no effect on me.

We just returned from our trip. I handled Spider-Man just fine. I was also okay on transformers and Gringotts. I skipped Simpson’s because I definitely think I would have gotten sick . I did FJ but had to close my eyes in a few parts but I’m glad I did it. I could have gotten really sick on Jimmy Fallon but I looked down and not at screens. I loved the Spider-Man ride

Everybody is different.

I cannot go to my dad's grave because I am so car sick by the time I get there, I just want to roll around on the ground.

I have never been on a dive boat I did not throw up. I just expect it and move on. I just make sure to sit where I can easily lean over the side of the boat.

However, I have never felt sick on any theme park ride. Kracken at sea world makes me dizzy when I get off, but after I am helped down the stairs, I am fine.

If you can do FoP, or Transformers, you should have not problem with Spiderman. It is a really well done ride.
Agree with others above, detest Simpsons. Just not fun.
OTOH, love Minions.

I don't think it's too bad. I get queasy on the Simpsons but have no issues on this or on Transformers.

I get motion sickness on long car rides, in airplanes, and even in an MRI machine. I think you should do fine on Spiderman. The only time it has made me queasy is when I rode in 3 times in a row. We literally got off, got back in line and got right back on because there were no lines! The Simpsons ride makes me extremely queasy as does the Minions sometimes. I would suggest maybe taking something in the morning before you were planning on going on the ride.

I agree with everybody else that has said that if you can do Gringotts fine you'll be ok on Spiderman.

I seem to remember after the Simpsons that I didnt feel sick, but it wasnt a FUN ride, I wont be doing it again in October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter