Can anyone please help me decipher the room ressie slip?

Annam26

Mouseketeer
So you are mailed a page with the reservation number. Below the name and address there's a line with "Arrival" "Departure" "Nights" "Guests" and then the letters "A" "J" "C"

What is the meaning of those letters?

Annam26 said:
So you are mailed a page with the reservation number. Below the name and address there's a line with "Arrival" "Departure" "Nights" "Guests" and then the letters "A" "J" "C"

What is the meaning of those letters?

A= Adult
J= Junior - under 18 so not charged additional for the room
C=child - by Disney definition (under age 10) so cheaper for tickets and ADRs. Hope this is helpful! :sunny:

pixie dust 112 said:
A= Adult
J= Junior - under 18 so not charged additional for the room
C=child - by Disney definition (under age 10) so cheaper for tickets and ADRs. Hope this is helpful! :sunny:

Thanks for the help, Pixie dust!

I was hoping that the "A" stood for "accessible". How come the reservation slip doesn't say that the room booked is an accessible room?

I have stayed on WDW property twice. Both times check-in has been a nightmare. This last time they didn't have an accessible room booked for us. We were told that it was our fault because we didn't book through Special Services -we did. Everyone here knows that you can't book an accessible room online, you have to do it through SS. When we arrived the room they had was a regular room, and we were told there was nothing they could do because it was our fault. After a few difficult hours they found a room.

I told them over and over that we booked through SS. But I didn't have any written proof of this! It was my word and they didn't believe me. I hate being called a liar.

What have I done wrong and what can I do to make sure that if we ever go this doesn't happen again?

We booked through SS. We called several times to confirm our reservation for an accessible room for four and we were told the room everyhting was set. The last time we called was just hours before arriving. We were told (here at the Dis) that perhaps our problems last year were because we arrived late, so we made a point of getting there early. We asked for the names of everyone who confirmed our reservation, but once at check in nobody seems to know these people.

What more could we have done?

When we made our reservations, we insisted on getting a confirmation that noted that our room would have a roll-in shower and be wheelchair accessible so that we minimized the risk of running into the situation you had. The first mailed confirmation said nothing about special needs, and neither did the second one they sent. So we had Disney send us a fax that noted the roll-in shower/accessible room.

Did you call the Special (Medical) Reservations yourself, or did you just talk to someone in reservations? You might want to calll 407-939-7807 if you have not done so. Also, take this to heart:

slkant said:
So we had Disney send us a fax that noted the roll-in shower/accessible room.

This way you will have a paper on hand if there is any question.

Agreeing with the others.
When you work with Special Reservations, they actually block an accessible room for you, so it would not be a case of you got there too late. A specific room is assigned to you when you make the reservation for the accessible room (that might be the easiest way to think about it - you are not making a room reservation; you are making a reservation for an accessible room.

I'd call Special Reservations yourself and ask them to fax you something (if you have a fax).
We have not stayed in the regular WDW resorts, but our confirmation for OKW (with Disney Vacation Club) has said "Accessible Room Guaranteed"

slkant said:
When we made our reservations, we insisted on getting a confirmation that noted that our room would have a roll-in shower and be wheelchair accessible so that we minimized the risk of running into the situation you had. The first mailed confirmation said nothing about special needs, and neither did the second one they sent. So we had Disney send us a fax that noted the roll-in shower/accessible room.

Good idea. I can't believe having the special request in the slip is not standard. Check-in is always hectic, how can they not have everything perfectly clear?

Cheshire Figment said:
Did you call the Special (Medical) Reservations yourself, or did you just talk to someone in reservations? You might want to calll 407-939-7807 if you have not done so.
I called reservations and they transfered me. Assured me over and over again that the room I needed was booked

SueM in MN said:
Agreeing with the others.
When you work with Special Reservations, they actually block an accessible room for you, so it would not be a case of you got there too late. A specific room is assigned to you when you make the reservation for the accessible room (that might be the easiest way to think about it - you are not making a room reservation; you are making a reservation for an accessible room.

I'd call Special Reservations yourself and ask them to fax you something (if you have a fax).
We have not stayed in the regular WDW resorts, but our confirmation for OKW (with Disney Vacation Club) has said "Accessible Room Guaranteed"

That's the way it should be everywhere. But not noting the request for an accessible room in the reservation seems to be standard (slkant didn't get anything on the mailed confirmation either) How can they overlook something like that?

Another thing I don't get, why is that up to three hours before arriving, we were told that the accessible room was blocked for us, when it wasn't?

Thanks everyone for the tips. If I ever go again I will keep what you've told me in mind. Both trips our arrival day was completely ruined by the extremely unpleasant check in experience. I really don't want to go through that again.

Hi there, I looked on mine as I am going to be there on September 24 and it says Special instructions see special remarks on file.

I know when we changed from the POP to Coranado my TA had problems with the regular Cast member because every time they tried it said nothing was available finally she asked a supervisor what the problem was. She said because it was a handicap room is had been blocked off and could not be changed without talking to someone I can not remember what my TA said. But it was changed to Coranodo still with see special instructions.

Hope that helps

Belle1997 said:
Hi there, I looked on mine as I am going to be there on September 24 and it says Special instructions see special remarks on file.

I know when we changed from the POP to Coranado my TA had problems with the regular Cast member because every time they tried it said nothing was available finally she asked a supervisor what the problem was. She said because it was a handicap room is had been blocked off and could not be changed without talking to someone I can not remember what my TA said. But it was changed to Coranodo still with see special instructions.

Hope that helps
Thank you Belle, it sure helps. I'll keep this in mind. I will never show up at a hotel again without having the handicap room request in writing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter