Can anyone recommend a “special” experience for our family trip in May?

If I wasn't going in late Feb - but late March or after - I would surely be seeing the new Cirque show....

I doubt they will allow some pregnant in with the dolphins. The dolphin's will know she is pregnant and will then not pay attention to the rest of the guests and will only pay attention to her. I was pregnant on a cruise and I was not allowed to do any of the dolphin activities because of it. It would be worth checking into as this does sounds really cool.
That's interesting.

I doubt they will allow some pregnant in with the dolphins. The dolphin's will know she is pregnant and will then not pay attention to the rest of the guests and will only pay attention to her. I was pregnant on a cruise and I was not allowed to do any of the dolphin activities because of it. It would be worth checking into as this does sounds really cool.
Okay, that is why I said they should look into it. I was not pregnant nor am I now and know nothing about if someone who is, is able to participate. On the official Disney site there is nothing that says pregnant women cannot partake in the activities, but calling and speaking to someone is always best.

Thanks for all of the responses and recommendations. We are already doing Hoop Dee Doo...and have done it too many times to count...but love it. I guess a fireworks cruise wouldn’t be good without a bathroom. Cirque show is a wonderful suggestion. I’m going to look into that one for sure. The after hours events may be an option as well.

Congrats on the baby coming! If you guys are foodie's, check out the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's! It's a set menu, the table is in a private area of the kitchen and holds up to 8, I believe. You can see the chef's cooking and interact with them about the courses being served! The food is amazing, the service is top notch and it is an UNFORGETTABLE night. Usually about a 4 - 5 hour meal at your own pace in which you can also add the wine pairing. Definitely, the best meal you will eat in Disney and one of the most "Special" events you can do in Disney! Its a reason to dress up for the evening and not having kids to worry about (soon that will change, :) ), its a perfect time to experience this restaurant and event and no better way than the chef's table!

I would do a nice dinner out in the Boardwalk area (bluezoo is good) followed by the Epcot fireworks cruise. The time on the water is less than an hour and bathrooms are nearby before boarding.

Thanks for all of the responses and recommendations. We are already doing Hoop Dee Doo...and have done it too many times to count...but love it. I guess a fireworks cruise wouldn’t be good without a bathroom. Cirque show is a wonderful suggestion. I’m going to look into that one for sure. The after hours events may be an option as well.

I think my bladder is weaker now (in my old age) than it ever was during my 5 pregnancies and I have no problem getting through a fireworks cruise without a bathroom. The cruise is only about 90 minutes at most (sometimes closer to an hour...depends on your captain, what time you check in, etc.). I always go to the bathroom at the Yacht Club right before we check in for the cruise and then head there as soon as we get back. It hasn't been a problem. There was a very pg woman on one of the other boats the last time we did the cruise. One year our captain offered to take us over to DHS after the EP fireworks so we could watch the Star Wars Fireworks (they had just debuted that week). He did dock the boat so we could go to the bathroom if we needed to after the EP fireworks since we had some time to kill before the Star Wars fireworks started, but I didn't need to use the bathroom so I didn't get off the boat (other members of the family did, though). We were out on the water for over 2 hours that night.

I thought the Hoop Dee Doo Review was corny as all get out. But that is me.
We very much enjoyed Victoria and Albert's.

See the MK fireworks from behind the castle. I feel inside of the pyro stuff. IE area of Peter Pand or the partial castle walls.

Might be a long shot finding openings for 6, but Dining with an Imagineer? Twice I’ve been able to snag cancellations for it (but for 2 and 3).

I second the Walking with Giants tour in AK. It was peaceful and really very special. We did it several years ago and absolutely loved the interaction with the elephants and talking with the cast members in depth about them. There was a new baby elephant at that time and watching her mother and the herd interact with and learning about her personality was a lot of fun. It was reasonably priced and that is always a plus. A great memory!

Highway in the Sky is A LOT of alcohol. For the price, I would not do it if anyone in your party isn't drinking. You could certainly arrange your own "progressive dining" across the monorail resorts with a different course at each place. That would be much more flexible, and since you are DVC you can end the night at Top of the World for fireworks.
The Undiscovered Future World tour is great. Keys to the Kingdom is great. Both are a lot of walking.
The new Cirque show is a terrific idea!

I would just do lots of TS meals. Being pregnant she will probably appreciate long breaks to sit and rest in the at mealtimes. Fireworks dessert party is a good choice unless she has the bad luck of getting gestational diabetes like I did.

Bot sure where you are staying but if a deluxe or coronado, am upgrade to club level could be an awesome upgrade. That way if she isbtired and wants resort time she’ll have a nice club lounge and snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter