• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can anyone recommend a go-cart track and/or miniature golf course at HH?

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
Going down at the end of June. There will be 4 adults & 3 children 6, 7 & 11. If anyone could recommend some family entertainment centers with go-carts and/or miniature golf , I would appreciate it. (Also, please let us know of any such places we might want to avoid.) Also, DH is looking for a batting cage - DS is in a baseball tournament the day we return.

There is a great miniature golf course right down the road from HH DVC. Pirates Cove. If you go right on the main highway leaving the resort it is less than a mile down.

Hilton Head is very nice. it is not like a lot of "beach towns" The town officials are strict about not allowing signs & billboards clutter the streets. All the store and shops are behind the trees. So you have to look for them. Hilton Head is mostly a residential beach town, with people having summer homes. There is no where that you need to worry about trying to avoid. I have never seen any riff -raff at Hilton Head. One of the entertainment centers has a programmable roller coaster like at Disney quest. And as for the mom there is a Saks 5th ave. near the resort(at least there used to be).

I don't think there is a go-cart track at HHI. I haven't seen it if there is.

There are no go-kart tracks on HHI. There are several
mini-golf courses on the island. The previously mentioned Pirate's Island is the closest to Disney and is
within easy biking distance. But the place that your kids
will love the most is Adventure Cove. In addition to
mini golf, driving range and batting cages, indoors they have laser tag, bumper cars, 3D theatre, roller coaster
simulator, parachuting simulator, kids climbing zone and
an overload of video games. Look for the coupon in
Island Events and Where to Go magazine. Along the
same lines there is a small (emphsize small) water park
on South Forest Beach Drive. There are three slides
which would be fun for an hour or so on a hot afternoon.

Adventure Cove is located on the corner of Folly Field
Road and William Hilton Parkway (Business 278).

Thanks for the input! SiL just called - she was able to add an exta night to the ressie. :p

The out door program by Shannon Tanner at Shelter Cove and Gregg Russell at Harbor Town are fun for the entire family. While being geared to the younger children, it's fun for all ages. Since Shelter Cove is walking distance, I'd recomment that one. There is a fee and parking hastles to get to HT.

Restaurant recommendations include Charlies, Santa Fe, Guisseppie's Pizza, Old Oyster Factory, Old Fort Pub, Cafe Europa and another pizza place almost directly across from DVC. IF you exit DVC at the light, there's a small bussiness section on the far right corner in a complex that's like stained cedar. In that area, near the back is another pizza place that was wonderful, sorry don't remember the name. Don't forget to pick up coupon books, etc and use the DVC discounts. I've also heard good things about Fitsgerald's, Haufbrau House, Cafe Wexford, Wild Wings, Bamboo house, Truffles. Didn't care for Crazy Crab, Steamers or CQ.

If you want a place to grab a quick bite to eat, the Hilton HEad Diner is just down the street from the resort. I was reluctant to go to a diner while on vacation, but the food was wonderful. They have great pastries ! And we didn't have to wait long. It doesn't have the ambience of some of the other restaurants mentioned, but it was close, fast, and very good -- not the typical diner fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter