can anyone recommend a hotel in San Francisco?

Spendy & Classic:
Mark Hopkins
Fairmont

Middle:
The Handlery Union Sq.
Hyatt Regency Embarcadero

Inexpensive no frills but clean and in a good area:
Travellodge Golden Gate
Columbus Motor Inn

I know there are a ton of hotel choices, these are the ones I know of by either reputation or have stayed there

Personally I like the Handlery and the Travellodge GG

Have stayed at the Travellodge GG and it was good enough for what you need it for. Nothing fancy and the price was right. Just got back from the Fairmont (stayed on DVC points) and I would not recommend. Too many problems to list and I would not stay there again.

thanks.. I found a great rate at the parc Wyndham - Union Square. Anyone know this hotel/

A little bit. I've been through it. It's very business like. Good location because it's right by the end of the cable car. If you want to shop get off a few blocks up Powel and shop your way back down.

We stayed a few years ago at the Holiday Inn in Fisherman's Wharf which we thought was a great area since we could walk to many of the things we wanted to do. I'm not sure how the rates would be now as that was 2 summers ago but we got it for $69/night through Hotwire.

I need a good recommendation also. Mom has stage 4 breast cancer & this trip is at the TOP of her bucket list. (We're whale watching in Monterey also.) We need to stay somewhere safe, with NO outdoor entry rooms. I'm terrible at directions, so I won't be renting a car. We'll want to do the cable cars & some tours. I don't want to hijack OPs thread, but didn't want to start a new one with same info. Thanks so much, Angela :goodvibes

If you want a regular hotel, look around Union Square all of the places are hotels. By the Warf not everwhere is, still mostly hotels but some motels. Both are at one end of the cable cars or the other.

In Montery if you choose to spend a night there you will find more motels and less hotels. But I think if you stay near Cannery Row you will find somthing like a days inn or holiday inn.

I need a good recommendation also. Mom has stage 4 breast cancer & this trip is at the TOP of her bucket list. (We're whale watching in Monterey also.) We need to stay somewhere safe, with NO outdoor entry rooms. I'm terrible at directions, so I won't be renting a car. We'll want to do the cable cars & some tours. I don't want to hijack OPs thread, but didn't want to start a new one with same info. Thanks so much, Angela :goodvibes
The Handlery in Union Sq. would fit your requirements and is a nice boutique hotel. It is very close to the cable car lines, major shopping, China Town and not far from the Wharf via cable car or taxi.
:hug:sorry to hear about your Mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter