• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can anyone share their recent experience with Budget counter pick up at MCO?

mom2mikel

DIS Veteran
Well the dreaded time is upon me -- I think I'm going to be stuck using UCT's Budget rate for my trip next week since it's still quite a bit lower than anything else.

Can anyone who has recently used the Budget counter at MCO share how long the lines were? I'm landing at noon on a Saturday (perfect timing, right? UGH). Our plan is for me to go wait in line while my husband gets our luggage. Hoping the line is 30 minutes or less but obviously preparing for the worst!

I do have fastbreak so also curious has anyone else with a UCT budget reservation had success going to the budget booth in the garage and having them process your reservation for you?

TIA!

I do have fastbreak so also curious has anyone else with a UCT budget reservation had success going to the budget booth in the garage and having them process your reservation for you?

TIA!
This is what I'd like to know too. I can see all over the internet that they say you must go to counter...but then I'm seeing scattered reports of people who went straight to the garage with success. I'd like to hear from some of those folks who've gone the past couple months on the UCT deal. I really feel like I'm going to at least give it a shot and see if I can talk my way through. Have my reservation and Fastbreak information in hand. Right in the reservation it indicates that MCO is a Fastbreak location and there's a link that basically gives you instructions pointing you to the garage.

1651848130665.png
Location Information

Where is Budget Car Rental at Orlando Airport?​

Fastbreak Service
When you arrive in the garage, go to the Budget Fastbreak counter and look for the Budget Contact Holder by Fastbreak booth for your name and space. If there are any questions you may proceed to the Budget Fastbreak booth otherwise you may proceed directly to your vehicle.

Last edited:
Well the dreaded time is upon me -- I think I'm going to be stuck using UCT's Budget rate for my trip next week since it's still quite a bit lower than anything else.

Can anyone who has recently used the Budget counter at MCO share how long the lines were? I'm landing at noon on a Saturday (perfect timing, right? UGH). Our plan is for me to go wait in line while my husband gets our luggage. Hoping the line is 30 minutes or less but obviously preparing for the worst!

TIA!
I am wondering how this went for you. I think I am going to have to go with UCT as well since they are a lot cheaper, but only option is budget. I have rented with them in the past with no problem, but on my own and used Fastbreak. Did you end up going to the counter, or figuring out a way to use Fastbreak? We land around noon as well, on a Wednesday but the last week in June and it will be busy for sure. TIA

Used budget in April during spring break and had to pick up at counter, the line moved quickly and there were plenty of reps behind the counter, I only waited maybe 10 minutes in line.

However, the reps were especially pushy (imho) so watch out for add ons! They tried to sneak in a toll transponder at 165 after I said no and then when they deleted that they went ahead and added something new - the prepaid gas (at 9.99 a gallon) even though I previously declined that as well! It's a bit stressful trying to read the monitor before singing but take your time and bring your confirmation to compare :)

I am wondering how this went for you. I think I am going to have to go with UCT as well since they are a lot cheaper, but only option is budget. I have rented with them in the past with no problem, but on my own and used Fastbreak. Did you end up going to the counter, or figuring out a way to use Fastbreak? We land around noon as well, on a Wednesday but the last week in June and it will be busy for sure. TIA
I am going this Saturday -- I'll report back!

We rented from Budget last week. Our arrival at the line was a little before 9am on a Tuesday. There were three people in front of us in the line and two people behind the counters (although one would leave and then come back). It seemed to take a long time for such a short line.

When we got to the counter, the agent was friendly and didn’t push add-ons. I was able to add the reservation to Fastbreak in the app and the agent said that we could have gone to the garage. The car was fine and everything else went smoothly.

We rented from Budget last week. Our arrival at the line was a little before 9am on a Tuesday. There were three people in front of us in the line and two people behind the counters (although one would leave and then come back). It seemed to take a long time for such a short line.

When we got to the counter, the agent was friendly and didn’t push add-ons. I was able to add the reservation to Fastbreak in the app and the agent said that we could have gone to the garage. The car was fine and everything else went smoothly.
Did you reserve directly from Budget or go through a discounter like UT or Costco?

We did UT.
Thanks!
I was able to add the reservation to Fastbreak in the app and the agent said that we could have gone to the garage.
So, I was wondering -
When did you add your Fastbreak number to the reservation? It was through the app, not the website?
And the agent meant you didn't need to go to the counter in the terminal, you could have gone directly to the garage?

We just booked Budget via UT a couple of days ago, and I'm trying to confirm what we'll have to do in order to pick up the car. It would be wonderful not to have to go to the counter in the terminal, even if our paperwork won't be in the garage kiosk and we have to visit the window in the garage. But if we could get the "full Fastbreak experience" (if there is such a thing! :p ) that would be marvelous!

Thanks!

So, I was wondering -
When did you add your Fastbreak number to the reservation? It was through the app, not the website?
And the agent meant you didn't need to go to the counter in the terminal, you could have gone directly to the garage?

We just booked Budget via UT a couple of days ago, and I'm trying to confirm what we'll have to do in order to pick up the car. It would be wonderful not to have to go to the counter in the terminal, even if our paperwork won't be in the garage kiosk and we have to visit the window in the garage. But if we could get the "full Fastbreak experience" (if there is such a thing! :p ) that would be marvelous!

I added the confirmation number from UT to the Budget app, not the web site. I did it before we arrived (maybe a day or two). Because of what I had read on here about 3rd party reservations, we waited in the line. The agent made it seem like we could have gone directly to the garage, but I don't really know if it would have worked. Next time, we might try one going to the garage while the other waits in the line.

I added the confirmation number from UT to the Budget app, not the web site. I did it before we arrived (maybe a day or two). Because of what I had read on here about 3rd party reservations, we waited in the line. The agent made it seem like we could have gone directly to the garage, but I don't really know if it would have worked. Next time, we might try one going to the garage while the other waits in the line.
Thanks - even though the reservation shows on the Budget website, it does not show on the app, and when I enter the confirmation number it opens it but loses it again when I close the app. Oh well! We'll deal with it!

Thanks - even though the reservation shows on the Budget website, it does not show on the app, and when I enter the confirmation number it opens it but loses it again when I close the app. Oh well! We'll deal with it!
It seems hit and miss. I reserved through UT in May and tried to skip the counter. Agent in the garage said I had to call Budget and ask them to add FB to the reservation, Budget call center said they can't modify a 3rd party reservation by adding the number. I didn't try the app though, I rarely rent from Budget and don't have it downloaded. Luckily the counter line wasn't too bad on a Saturday afternoon! They did try to push extra stuff and I was very insistent that they just skip all that.

I just downloaded the app and tried to add my UT reservation but it wouldn't let me. I could look it up through the app but on my main page it says "you have no upcoming reservations". I've recently read some reports of over two hour waits at the counter. Anyone have recent experience ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter