can app tell me how to get from one location (ride or restaurant) to the next?

Bmh4796

Mouseketeer
I have heard there’s a step by step feature in the app but i can’t find it. We spend a lot of time lost or trying to figure out where to go from the paper map. I feel like we are an obstacle even when we move as far to the side as possible. (The crowds are the heaviest i’ve ever experienced in Disney.)

I have an iPhone, but in MDE if I use the search function to search for a ride after selecting that ride it gives me the option to find on map, get directions, or get FP... I tried to post a screen shot but it says it’s too big...

Thank you SO much! This will help a great deal. I have an iPhone too so I’ll try it the same way you did it

Yes it can click on something then click on directions if your in the park your location will show up if out side then you have to put it in.

Which park are you finding especially difficult? My recommendation would be to study the maps before you go, and watch walk through videos on YouTube. The parks are laid out surprisingly well, IMHO.

I have heard there’s a step by step feature in the app but i can’t find it. We spend a lot of time lost or trying to figure out where to go from the paper map. I feel like we are an obstacle even when we move as far to the side as possible. (The crowds are the heaviest i’ve ever experienced in Disney.)
I'll warn you of something, while there is a step by step feature, I find it VERY hard to use and more confusing than any other type of direction. This is trying to use it to get to places when I know where they are (just to try it out). Maybe it's just us

I think that Google maps works better, fyi

I was wondering last night about whether google maps would work. So based on your comment I tried it while sitting here at work, and yes I can even put in two locations within Disney and get walking directions :) id probably default to google maps is the Disney app is that bad, how about the gps find you feature on the map, does that work well for people?

It seems I’m the only one directionally challenged in Disney. ;)

Maybe park hopping made me worse yesterday. right when i got my bearings i had to get familiar with another park. We did Epcot mornjng. Hollywood afternoon and night and MK magic hours

But i really don’t see any other people lost or asking employees where to go or looking at maps. Lol

It’s hard to really absorb the maps with 5 kids all over. So i usually just ask an employee or someone who looks like a serious Disney vet. So far that has worked better than me stopping to read the map blocking traffic.

What I did on our last trip was I printed maps that had the names of each attraction and restaurant (instead of numbers). It’s so much easier than the park maps. I printed mine off easywdw.

But i really don’t see any other people lost or asking employees where to go or looking at maps. Lol

I think most people just wander.

It’s hard to really absorb the maps with 5 kids all over.

Hand THEM a map! Kids are amazing, and can find stuff so easily. At some point I think most of us lose that easy ability.

But if you do want to look at a map, step to the side. Don't just stop and block traffic no matter what. :)

I’ve been going to WDW for decades, but for many years just tended to pay no attention and let others lead the way. So last fall when I went without them, I had a terrible time getting my bearings. Solution? When I was stumped, I called my kids who know the parks like the back of their hands. :)

Hopefully I’m better this time. I also found the app to be really confusing and gave up on it.

What I did on our last trip was I printed maps that had the names of each attraction and restaurant (instead of numbers). It’s so much easier than the park maps. I printed mine off easywdw.

This may be a silly question, but where did you find maps with names for the attractions?

I think the best thing you can do it look at the maps before hand, get an idea of the general layout of the park, and then LOOK UP. There are several notable landmarks in each park that make navigating easier. If you familiarize yourself with the various lands, what landmark is around them, and what rides are in them, it is much easier to navigate. Once you have a feel of where each land is, the maps are useful in pinning down the location of a specific attraction. At MK, there are a handful of things that you can't miss (the mountains, the castle, etc) that can definitely help. HS has Tower of Terror. Animal Kingdom has Everest. Epcot has the ball. Use them.

I also second the person who said give the maps to the kids. We cruise and I often get completely confused about where I am going, but my 9 year old knows the entire ship by the end of the first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter