Can children go to the hair salon?

westjones

DIS Veteran
My daughers' will be celebrating their 10th birthday on the cruise, and they asked if they could get a hair style at the hair salon. I thought it was just for adults, but then I wasn't sure, so does anyone know if they can do this?

Thanks,
DJ

They do offer a package for kids on certain days, but I think it was a manicure/pedicure type of thing. It never hurts to ask...maybe they could do it on the day they offer the other kid treatments. The worst they can do is say "no." :D
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Well that is true, I will ask. (Oh, and the don't want anything fancy, believe it or not, they just want 'bangs'---they have never had bangs before and want to get them on their 10th birthday if they can, we will see). Thanks!
DJ

Debra, no, they won't allow the kids to use the salon, sorry! It is definitely for 18 and older except when they have special teen offers going on.

Oh well. I thought that would be the case. Too bad there isn't a 'beauty parlor' on Main Street at Magic Kingdom like the 'Barber Shop' for guys. That would be a fun place to get a hair cut.

DJ

My daughter gets her hair done at the MK barber shop all the time, its not just for boys. Depending on the crowds she's even had them do a french braid for her. And of course, she always gets lots of pixie dust.

Oh Really! I thought it was just a 'boy' thing! GREAT! That would be fun! Do you make an appointment, or just walk in? Thanks so much for telling me! This will be great!
DJ

Its just a walk in and wait unfortunately but its well worth the wait if you ask me. My DD (also 10) LOVES it, gets her hair cut everytime we go. They put colored hairspray in her hair and sprinkle pixie dust, its so fun.

OH MY! This sounds perfect! I am planning several 'surprises' for this trip, and this just got added to my list! The girls don't even know there IS a place to get a hair cut in MK. Thank you SO much for letting me know this is for girls too.

NOW if I can only get in for the Cinderella Breakfast, I will be VERY happy :p . Can't even try until July though.

Thanks again!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter