Can friend without an AP check into AP room?

ICan'tWait

Mouseketeer
I have an AP room reserved at Portofino. My friend's plane arrives hours before mine. Can she check in, leave luggage with guest services, and get room keys for Express Pass and then when I get there I show my AP or can she not check in until I'm there with my AP?

The AP part doesn't matter. You just have to show the AP at some point during your stay to get the discount.

What will matter is whose name is on the reservation.

You may be able to call and add the other name as an alternate to check in. We've done this at other hotels when I booked the rooms, but others in our travelling party where going to get there before I would.

They never asked to see my AP at two different hotels. Thought it was strange. However that’s likely not the norm

I called Cabana Bay about an hour ago because our group had a similar question. They wanted to use the CC on file for check in, but the person the card belongs to gets in 9 hours after everyone else in the room. I was told whoever attempts check in must use their card which is charged immediately, but the charges could be reversed to use a different card later before check out. (I know no one asked about this part) I was also told that the AP must be presented upon check in if booked with the AP rate. All other sources I’ve ever heard said that you could present AP at any point before check out, but whoever I spoke with at CB check in guest services told me today that was inaccurate😒😳

I called Cabana Bay about an hour ago because our group had a similar question. They wanted to use the CC on file for check in, but the person the card belongs to gets in 9 hours after everyone else in the room. I was told whoever attempts check in must use their card which is charged immediately, but the charges could be reversed to use a different card later before check out. (I know no one asked about this part) I was also told that the AP must be presented upon check in if booked with the AP rate. All other sources I’ve ever heard said that you could present AP at any point before check out, but whoever I spoke with at CB check in guest services told me today that was inaccurate😒😳

They will always tell you that you have to have AP at check-in but it isn't true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter