Can I add 2 days to a 10-day park hopper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReelRedHead

Mouseketeer
We have a package in August, we are staying for 14 days and have 10 day park hoppers. Am I able to add 2 days to that? If so, would they be full price or less (as the days on the park hopper are). Hope that makes sense!

You can always ask when you get there. I can recall reading have that WDW has allowed some folks to do this as a special courtesy. YMMV.

You can always ask when you get there. I can recall reading have that WDW has allowed some folks to do this as a special courtesy. YMMV.
I think they consider it a "guest recovery" option, not a "special courtesy", so there is no guarantee that they will make it available to you. TTBOMK, It has to be done by guest services at your resort, not at the parks.

HaHa, thanks guys! I'll ask when I check-in. The worst they can say is no, I have to buy full pay tickets.

These are rough numbers.
Are you driving - will need to pay to park $15-$25 day
Are you getting memory maker (PhotoPass) $170
10 day park hopper $600
2 day park hopper $329
annual pass $1,119 - parking & photos included

There is no need in any trip for more than 10 days at the parks. You'll be able to do everything several times over. If I were there for 14 days I'd either (i) get the waterpark option and spend a couple days there, (ii) do a day at Universal, Sea World, Cape Canaveral, etc., (iii) enjoy a day of downtime at Disney Springs or your resort, (iv) a combination of the above.

These are rough numbers.
Are you driving - will need to pay to park $15-$25 day
Are you getting memory maker (PhotoPass) $170
10 day park hopper $600
2 day park hopper $329
annual pass $1,119 - parking & photos included
Also, merchandise and food discounts!

There is no need in any trip for more than 10 days at the parks. You'll be able to do everything several times over. If I were there for 14 days I'd either (i) get the waterpark option and spend a couple days there, (ii) do a day at Universal, Sea World, Cape Canaveral, etc., (iii) enjoy a day of downtime at Disney Springs or your resort, (iv) a combination of the above.

OP might not be planning to spend all day in the parks for 12 days. Depending on a group's touring style, they might want to just go to Epcot for dinner one night or go to MK for fireworks. People might be happy to do resort days, but want to preserve the opportunity to pop into the parks for an hour or two.

We've gone for 14 days and not done everything we want to do.

I’ve always wondered who would have 10 day park passes. I would be exhausted by then! Disney isn’t my definition of a relaxing vacation. I would need many breaks. But everyone does Disney differently. I hope you have a good vacation though!

I've gotten 10 day passes with park hopper option for several years. Been fortunate enough to be able to have 12 to 14 night stays. The rest of my party has annual passes. We enjoy going to the parks and relaxing some. We aren't in a hurry, take it slow and enjoy the family time these vacations allow for.

I just learned something new and when I arrive in a few weeks, I'm going to ask about adding two days to my tickets. If they saw no, I'll just go with the plans we have now.

I’ve always wondered who would have 10 day park passes. I would be exhausted by then! Disney isn’t my definition of a relaxing vacation. I would need many breaks. But everyone does Disney differently. I hope you have a good vacation though!

International visitors can get tickets for longer than 10 days. I know there are 14-day tickets out there, and not sure about longer. The thing is you can't buy them in the US. We were going to Disney with friends from the UK a few years ago, and the ticket options available to them on the UK/Ireland site were different. We did some comparison shopping to see which of us could get the better deal. Since it wasn't going to be a long trip, I ended up buying from UT for both families, but I can totally see how someone flying from abroad would want to stay for a longer period.

If you had 10 days it wouldn’t be tiring. You’d have time to do it in more days, that’s less tiring. More time for relaxing.

Sure there is. There are a lot of needs for trips with more than 10 park days. Maybe someone only wants 2, 3 hours in the park per day. Maybe they just want 10+ days for no good reason but their own. It’s really rather absurb to suggest that 10 days is the most anyone would ever need. Too many differences from person to person, group to group.
Having gone for nearly 10 days no you can not do everything several times over, by the way.

There is no need in any trip for more than 10 days at the parks. You'll be able to do everything several times over.

Being able to do many things more than once Is the need I have for 10+ days at the parks during a visit.

I’ve done an 8 day trip to Universal Orlando and another time to Disneyland, and never ran out of things to do in the parks. (I will
Mention that we got very sick at Disney, and the long UO trip ended up being all about recovering from the illness, but that certainly wasn’t planned) Incan easily do more at Wdw. And I’ve never been to a water park or minigolfing there.

As for everything...I once had a year where I spent 18 total days in the Disneyland parks, and still didn’t do *everything*. Let alone everything multiple times.

If you have more days you can make each day more relaxing. That’s precisely the beauty of the longer stay.

We have done this a couple times and were able to purchase extra days at the discounted price. You just need to ask at the resort when n you arrive

My logic is I'm paying the lions share in those first 3 to 4 days, so anything beyond that I don't feel compelled to spend as much time in the parks per day. My next trip is 8 days so that we can have some lighter days at the pool but still go in to the parks in the afternoon/evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter