• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I carry food out of Leaky Cauldron? Where could I go?

tentaguasu

Mouseketeer
Without getting into "a discussion" about "it," my family and I are not yet comfortable with indoor dining. Still, we'd like to experience the interior of Leaky Cauldron and a couple of menu items sound enticing.

Is it possible to go in, order food - something simpler like scotch eggs - and then take it out with us? I've heard some theme park restaurants do not allow carry out/leftovers.

If so, are there places to sit and eat around the park? (I know Leaky Cauldron doesn't have official outdoor seating.) Or would I have to walk and eat?

Thanks for any insight.

You can get beef pasties and butterbeer over at the Hopping Pot and eat outside in the Carkitt Market. You could also get some baked potatoes from the cart outside Diagon Alley and eat them in the Carkitt Market area.

We aren't comfortable with indoor dining either.

Last edited:
What day are you going? My spouse and I can't do indoor dining either and just got back from a trip. On Tuesday we had a lot of luck finding empty benches and places to sit and eat... but yesterday it was a no go. Diagon Alley was packed shoulder to shoulder when we went. If you're there on a weekday you could have luck getting a nice quiet spot nearby.

I wish I was more help with the take out question. If you go to the three broomsticks I know there is outdoor dining because that's what we did. The inside was packed but we just went out the back and ate on the patio with one other family. Very peaceful.

Without getting into "a discussion" about "it," my family and I are not yet comfortable with indoor dining. Still, we'd like to experience the interior of Leaky Cauldron and a couple of menu items sound enticing.

Is it possible to go in, order food - something simpler like scotch eggs - and then take it out with us? I've heard some theme park restaurants do not allow carry out/leftovers.

If so, are there places to sit and eat around the park? (I know Leaky Cauldron doesn't have official outdoor seating.) Or would I have to walk and eat?

Thanks for any insight.
I think around the lake there are benches and other places where one could sit and eat.

Closest outdoor sitting places are: By far the closest: the back side of Lombards (Basically across the path from the entrance to Kings Cross station by the Pier 41 sign if you look to the right exiting Diagon Alley, this area is typically a quiet area of the park too) and the second closest area is along the lake by the Simpsons area (behind the Duff Brew outdoor bar)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter