Can I change ticket expiration date

The Hendies

DIS Veteran
We purchased tickets last year, intending to visit WDW in October 2020. We are postponing to October 2021, and just now I realize the 6 day passes we bought last year actually expire in September 2021! Has anyone else been able to extend the expiration date? I have an email into Disney now. I tried calling but after a 50 minute hold, they hung up on me.
TIA for your input!

That 9/26/2021 date is extended. Your original tickets would have expired within so many days of the original start date, but WDW extended all tickets bought prior to June-something through 9/26/2021. They will not extend it, but you can use the value of those tickets towards purchase of new ones for Oct. 2021.

That 9/26/2021 date is extended. Your original tickets would have expired within so many days of the original start date, but WDW extended all tickets bought prior to June-something through 9/26/2021. They will not extend it, but you can use the value of those tickets towards purchase of new ones for Oct. 2021.

Not to hijack the thread, but what’s the best way to accomplish this?

I have tickets from May 2020, but due to a multitude of circumstances, I don’t think we are going to be able to go until Summer 2022.

I tried to find a way to change the date online (I’m aware I’ll have to pay the price difference), but I don’t see an option for that. Do I need to call? I’d prefer not to because I’ve heard the wait times are long, but I’ll do it if I need to.

Not to hijack the thread, but what’s the best way to accomplish this?

I have tickets from May 2020, but due to a multitude of circumstances, I don’t think we are going to be able to go until Summer 2022.

I tried to find a way to change the date online (I’m aware I’ll have to pay the price difference), but I don’t see an option for that. Do I need to call? I’d prefer not to because I’ve heard the wait times are long, but I’ll do it if I need to.
If the new dates are past the expiration date, you would have to call. You can typically only do it online if the new dates are within the expiration window.

If the new dates are past the expiration date, you would have to call. You can typically only do it online if the new dates are within the expiration window.

The expiration date was automatically extended to 9/26/21 since the park was closed when I was supposed to visit. This is what I see when I look at the ticket in MDE. Where do I go from here to change the date?366DE11C-8470-41ED-A177-8B2125C33D17.jpeg

Yes, I think I am going to have to call, again. Yesterday after 51 minutes on hold, they ended the call. Today, after an hour and 13 minutes, I had to hang up because I had plans. I'll try tomorrow morning at 7:00AM.

The expiration date was automatically extended to 9/26/21 since the park was closed when I was supposed to visit. This is what I see when I look at the ticket in MDE. Where do I go from here to change the date?View attachment 557837
You said you are trying to change it to summer 2022 correct? If so, you won't be able to change the date on the app. There "should" be a change ticket option, right next to the reassign ticket icon. For whatever reason, some people don't see that option. This is what mine shows.
Screenshot_20210220-152941_Disney World.jpg

You said you are trying to change it to summer 2022 correct? If so, you won't be able to change the date on the app. There "should" be a change ticket option, right next to the reassign ticket icon. For whatever reason, some people don't see that option. This is what mine shows.
View attachment 557865

Yeah, I need to change it to July 2022. I thought I would be able to do it in the app since the ticket hasn’t expired, but I guess not. That’s annoying, but oh well.

Gotta call.. than get transferred to the right place.. took me about 3 trys to get mine done. You also have to pay the difference in ticket prices.

Yeah, I need to change it to July 2022. I thought I would be able to do it in the app since the ticket hasn’t expired, but I guess not. That’s annoying, but oh well.
You can only change it on the app to a new date that is before your ticket expires (so you could change it to any date before 9/26/21). You can't do it after the expiration date, because the ticket you have is no longer valid after that date.

Mine were originally for May 2021, extended to 9/26/2021. They were 6 day park hoppers. I actually partially used them on a trip in December. I called and told the castmember I wouldn't be going back by 9/26 to use the remaining days. She extended to a new expiration of March 2022. She said if I wasn't able to use them by that time to call back.

You can only change it on the app to a new date that is before your ticket expires (so you could change it to any date before 9/26/21). You can't do it after the expiration date, because the ticket you have is no longer valid after that date.

That doesn’t make sense...even if I were going, say, this July (2021), I could just use the ticket I have. I wouldn’t need to change it. I only need to change it if I am going to use it AFTER 9/26/21. I had been under the impression that I could change it online as long as it hadn’t yet expired to any date as long as I pay the difference.

Either way, I don’t have the option to make ANY changes to the ticket, so I’ll need to call.

Some people also have more luck from an actual computer

That doesn’t make sense...even if I were going, say, this July (2021), I could just use the ticket I have. I wouldn’t need to change it. I only need to change it if I am going to use it AFTER 9/26/21. I had been under the impression that I could change it online as long as it hadn’t yet expired to any date as long as I pay the difference.

Either way, I don’t have the option to make ANY changes to the ticket, so I’ll need to call.
Tickets are date based. Yours may not be at this time since the parks were closed for your initially scheduled trip last May.

Say your trip/tickets were currently set for next week, you would then be able to change them to say July without having to call. But since you are trying to change it to a date that is past the expiration, you essentially need brand new tickets and wouldn't be able to change them on your own.

This could be why you can't change them too, since they were adjusted due to the closure.

I had to call. I was on hold for 1 hour 15 minutes and then ended up paying about $200 to change our tickets originally purchased for May 2020 to May 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter