Can I Dip Out on Tron? (on Scooter)

TiffFromTX

Mouseketeer
I won't ride coasters but my daughter hates waiting in the queues alone. I don't mind buying an ILL for it and not going on the ride, but where is there a chicken exit for this ride? If there is one at all...? I'm on a scooter FYI

I wasn't really looking for the chicken exit, but I want to say there is one when you get to the area where the lockers are. There is one more queue section after that, but it's short.

The queue leading up to the locker is a switchback section, so just be forewarned that it's tight turns and might not be easy in a scooter.

I won't ride coasters but my daughter hates waiting in the queues alone. I don't mind buying an ILL for it and not going on the ride, but where is there a chicken exit for this ride? If there is one at all...? I'm on a scooter FYI
The problem I see is that you cannot take an ECV back through the line. I had to park the ECV and my son pushed me in a WC that was there at the ride entrance. Double check me on this but I didn't see anyone else in an ECV when I rode last month and was told I had to switch to a WC. If you have an electric WC (like your own chair - not the ECV style) then it should be fine.

I'm sure Disney wouldn't make you ride the ride but not sure what happens if you have to transfer to a WC and then want to take the chicken exit - would they park you near the exit somewhere or ? You might want to ask on the disAbilities board.

There is a chicken exit (door is to the left when you approach the locker area). Just tell the cast member you aren’t riding. You will exit on the other side of the lockers. My suggestion would be to exit the locker area and wait in the covered area by the enterprise display (less crowded and more areas to wait).

Just FYI - after the lockers, there is still another shorter queue that your daughter will need to wait in. In my experience it was a 10-15 minute wait depending on how quickly they are loading the lightcycles. It’s not a big deal, but just wanted to make you aware of it.

I am not sure about how this attraction queue accommodates scooters or wheelchairs. Sorry I can’t be more helpful with information about that.

Also, if you are open to buying a LL for this attraction, you daughter should be able to get on the ride fairly quickly since LL gets priority. Thus, in my opinion, it would not be wise to spend money on a LL for you for this ride. If she really wants to wait with you and/or you want to see the queue without riding, I would suggest getting a virtual queue for this ride. Otherwise, if your daughter is ok with a relatively shorter wait, I would suggest just purchasing a LL for her.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/tron-lightcycle-run

Looking at the WDW website (you can google and find other sites as well that say the same thing) you do have to transfer to a WC so your daughter would need to push you through the queue. From that link I posted click on "Show Safety, Accessibility and Guest Policies"

There is not a single ride in any park that won't allow you to decide not to ride at any point before actually getting on the ride vehicle. There will always be a way to skip the ride. Of course, there are easier and harder ways to do this - but you will never be forced to ride.

I’m curious about this as well. I’d like to walk through and keep my husband company but not ride Tron myself. At Disneyland they always let me do this in the LL returns even though I don’t have a LL for myself. Not sure if it’s the same at WDW.

Few weeks ago a family went through whole line then the young boy who wasn't riding was taken through a door to wait for them by lockers. When we came out it appeared there was a CM waiting with him. (He was about 8).

For the scooter you would have to switch to a wheelchair, DD push you and then I assume a CM might push you through the door to the lockers to wait for her. You'll have to ask at entry.

I’m curious about this as well. I’d like to walk through and keep my husband company but not ride Tron myself. At Disneyland they always let me do this in the LL returns even though I don’t have a LL for myself. Not sure if it’s the same at WDW.
I can't imagine they would let you enter a LL (a paid for lane) without having paid for it. Everyone who enters that line must have a LL time for it. It's not that long of a wait and there are lots of benches outside the exit you can wait on.

What you can do is do the Virtual Queue with him (free) and then leave via the chicken exit when he loads.

I can't imagine they would let you enter a LL (a paid for lane) without having paid for it. Everyone who enters that line must have a LL time for it. It's not that long of a wait and there are lots of benches outside the exit you can wait on.

What you can do is do the Virtual Queue with him (free) and then leave via the chicken exit when he loads.

We used Genie+ at DLR last summer and I was able to enter both LL and ILL entrances with him. All I said was “I’m not riding” and they said just use the exit at the end. It’s never a big deal at DLR but I know WDW is a whole different animal. DLR is a much more laid back experience in general.

Also, I think they saw the look of fear in my eyes like I definitely am not riding this ride! Lol. They knew I wasn’t about to sneak on.

We used Genie+ at DLR last summer and I was able to enter both LL and ILL entrances with him. All I said was “I’m not riding” and they said just use the exit at the end. It’s never a big deal at DLR but I know WDW is a whole different animal. DLR is a much more laid back experience in general.

Also, I think they saw the look of fear in my eyes like I definitely am not riding this ride! Lol. They knew I wasn’t about to sneak on.
Yeah I would not count on it at WDW.

When DD worked a popular ride the management pulled her over when she let some sweet looking grandparents in the line with the kids. They told her guests tell all kinds of stories to get in the line without having a return pass. She was told no pass, no enter, no exceptions.

Now if you purchase G+, get a return time with your DH, then yes you go in and chicken exit.

But to enter ILL lanes or G+ without a return time, I don't think so.

Last edited:

To enter a LL queue at WDW you may have a LL or ILL$ reservation.

To enter a VQ you must have a valid boarding group.

We were in DL last summer and we also all needed to have a LL/ILL$reservation there.

Too many people would lie and scam the system without accountability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter