• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I get a discount of any kind?

Moon River

Earning My Ears
I am not in AAA. I dont know what Ap or Caa even means. I live in Tennessee. I am a government employee. Can i get a discount of any kind or should i stop worrying about it and pay full price? Thank ya'll in advance for any help you can give.

AP = Annual Pass, CAA is the Canadian version of AAA.

Here is a link to a thread that mentioned the gov't discount:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=762854&highlight=government+discount

HTH some. Did you check the discounts at mousesavers.com?

We paid full price for our first trip (because we booked before even thinking about discounts..silly us, lol), and it was do-able, but for our next trip booked through AAA and saved a couple hundred dollars. Still looking for a better deal, but if I don't find one, the AAA savings is fine with me.

Good luck!

Welcome Moon River,

If you plan to stay on-site at a Moderate, it is often worth it to get a AAA membership if you can book your room at the AAA rate. For our trip last April, the AAA discount saved us $175 on Port Orleans French Quarter over 7 nights. Well, a AAA membership costs less than $175.

An AP is an Annual Pass. Discounts for Annual Passholders are roughly 40% off the full price of the room. But, and it's a big but, the AP discounts are on an as available, first-come first-book basis and there isn't much, if any, heads up before they are released. So, if you happen to find out the same day that AP rates are released for your stay, you may be able to book your room at a considerable savings. On that stay in April, the AP rate saved us $175 more than the AAA rate would have saved us (we switched from AAA rate to AP rate).

I agree with the post about joining AAA. Even the $16/night savings at Pop paid for our membership. Not to mention the other savings, on hotel rooms, restaurants, etc, other than at disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter