Can I get early entry to HS on the day of my check in

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
5 of us are staying one night (25th September) at a Disney resort in the middle of our trip purely for 2 days early entry to Star Wars. I was surprised to see it would open at 6am so realistically we are not going to be able to go to the resort first to check in then go to HS and be there for opening. Is there anything I can do so that I can get entry? Can I go to the resort the day before? I have ordered Magic Bands but we are in the UK so have to pick them up when we are there.
Thanks

Are you staying in another hotel before this day? Have you ordered the upgraded magic bands?

Assuming you are staying in another hotel and not going to DHS from an international flight you can get the magic bands sent to that hotel. If you’ve ordered the upgraded ones it may be too late though.

5 of us are staying one night (25th September) at a Disney resort in the middle of our trip purely for 2 days early entry to Star Wars. I was surprised to see it would open at 6am so realistically we are not going to be able to go to the resort first to check in then go to HS and be there for opening. Is there anything I can do so that I can get entry? Can I go to the resort the day before? I have ordered Magic Bands but we are in the UK so have to pick them up when we are there.
Thanks
You can use "on-line check-in" in MDX and input your "arrival time" as early as possible on that day.
You don't need to actually go to the resort desk.
You don't need MagicBands to get into the parks or for FPs.
You can use regular plastic tickets.

Thanks you I did put arrival before 7am. We are staying at Bonnet Creek from 19th September.
I called Disney and they said 'Absolutely not'! I will not be entitled to early entry on my check in day because I cannot check in that early and I would have to go to the resort and it would be extremely unlikely that my magic bands would be ready and without the magic bands I would not be able to gain early entry. Kind of annoying because the park will be open so early, we will miss out on one day on EMH which is a big thing when open three hours extra.

I'll still pop over to resort when I get there to see what they say.

Thanks you I did put arrival before 7am. We are staying at Bonnet Creek from 19th September.
I called Disney and they said 'Absolutely not'! I will not be entitled to early entry on my check in day because I cannot check in that early and I would have to go to the resort and it would be extremely unlikely that my magic bands would be ready and without the magic bands I would not be able to gain early entry. Kind of annoying because the park will be open so early, we will miss out on one day on EMH which is a big thing when open three hours extra.

I'll still pop over to resort when I get there to see what they say.
You do not need magic bands to get in to EMH. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get in if you use online check in.

My parents live in FL and we always stay at their house for a few days, drive to Disney early one morning, hit up a park at opening, and don’t check in to our resort until after lunch. Even when there are EMH at a park we are allowed in on our check in day. Sometimes we do online check in, sometimes not. I think I’d call again and ask someone else, or you could stop at the resort before going to DHS. Someone will be there.

My parents live in FL and we always stay at their house for a few days, drive to Disney early one morning, hit up a park at opening, and don’t check in to our resort until after lunch. Even when there are EMH at a park we are allowed in on our check in day. Sometimes we do online check in, sometimes not. I think I’d call again and ask someone else, or you could stop at the resort before going to DHS. Someone will be there.

Thank you. Do you have magic bands when you do this.

Cast Members who answer the phones are notorious for giving terrible information.

You are entitled to Early entry on check in and check out days. You do not need Magicbands for park entry as everything is linked. Do you have a MDE account? If so, you can check that it's all linked for peace of mind.

Thank you. Do you have magic bands when you do this.
We do this too! My in-laws live in Orlando and we spend a few days at their house prior to our WDW stay. We live in the US so the magic bands were already mailed to our house. We do the online check in. We drop our suitcases off at the hotel (our room has only been ready once). I have stopped at the front desk to make sure Magic bands were working and then we rope drop whatever park.

You don't need MagicBands to get into the parks or for FPs.

There are thousands of guests who visit WDW (and attend EMH) who do not have MBs.

I called Disney and they said...

A very famous phrase.
Unfortunately, when it comes to "policy," what follows that statement has a very low chance of being correct info.
"Phone CMs" are simply not trained in park operations.

You do not need a magic band, but you do need some type of ticket media to get through the tapstiles.

I have a question about the whole EMH access on the day of your check-in topic.

It is generally reported that the WDW resort computer system flips over to the next day at/around 6am ET. You become a “guest” for practical and technological purposes at that point. AM EMH access has always been available for your day of check-in, as EMHs are usually 7am or 8am - well after the 6am computer switchover so everything ‘works.’

So what will happen with these 6am EMHs? What would happen if a guest checking in that day arrives at the park well early... and let’s say for example... Disney scans their media for EMH verification at 5:45am. What would happen then?

Would one want to have other resort verification info handy in this situation?

I have a question about the whole EMH access on the day of your check-in topic.

It is generally reported that the WDW resort computer system flips over to the next day at/around 6am ET. You become a “guest” for practical and technological purposes at that point. AM EMH access has always been available for your day of check-in, as EMHs are usually 7am or 8am - well after the 6am computer switchover so everything ‘works.’

So what will happen with these 6am EMHs? What would happen if a guest checking in that day arrives at the park well early... and let’s say for example... Disney scans their media for EMH verification at 5:45am. What would happen then?

Would one want to have other resort verification info handy in this situation?
The onsite resort info is linked to MDX where the OP’s tickets are linked. The tickets will provide the necessary link for onsite confirmation.

The touchpoint CM can always call the CM with iPad to come over and scan for more info to allow the OP’s group into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter