Can I give ‘fake’ flight info for departure day for DME??

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
there’s just no reason to get to the airport that early.
The thing is that not everyone does get to the airport that early going with the DME assigned time. That's why they schedule it so early - to allow for additional pick ups and delays both going to the airport and once you're at the airport. Between pokey guests at each resort stop who need to load/unload their luggage, find seats, to potential rush hour traffic or construction, to back ups at the airport check-in counters or TSA. There's a lot of variables. I agree that if all goes well and according to plan, the amount of time you have at the airport is overkill. But, with so many things out of your control while taking DME, this is why many of us don't recommend taking it using a later flight time and suggest an Uber or private transport instead. This at least eliminates some of the potential slow downs with DME.

suemom2kay

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Also if I did give them different flight info would that effect me doing airline check in for my checked bag?

ie- are DME and airline check I’m connected? I know disney ships your checked bags to the airport for you if you don’t want to bring them on DME
RAC and DME are totally separate entities. One has no baring on the other.

Eastern

DIS Veteran
No but I thought it had to be 3 hours at least for pick up. Maybe I could call and they could make an exception?

Also if I did give them different flight info would that effect me doing airline check in for my checked bag?

ie- are DME and airline check I’m connected? I know disney ships your checked bags to the airport for you if you don’t want to bring them on DME
I have used the correct flight info, then when DME gave me the pickup time, I called to say I wanted to go later. They make you agree that if anything happens and you miss your flight, it is not their fault. We were on the borderline for pickup time like yours but we had TSA precheck and weren't going to check bags at the airport so I felt ok doing it.

Usually we are at the gate way too early but there were one or two times when we arrived at the gate 5 minutes before boarding began due to pickup issues at other resorts. When assigned pickups are not at the meeting point, sometimes the drivers wait. If a few people do that it can mess up everyone's plans.

Eastern

DIS Veteran
I am curious how many others will be flying out at this time - I searched flights going to many destinations and it’s hard to find many flights 11pm or after.
I don't think you can go by this. If less people are going at your time, they will just stop at more resorts. I've been on a ME where they stopped at so many resorts I was sure we would not get to the airport at the correct time. TSA precheck is the biggest factor for getting you through quickly at MCO, once you are there.

tonyrocks922

No More Lurking!
I try to time all my airport arrivals so that I have just enough time to use the bathroom, fill my water bottle and get to the gate when they start pre-boarding. If there's ever a delay at TSA I wind up arriving just as my zone is called or being last on the plane, but have never missed a flight. (Average 40 flights per year)

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I try to time all my airport arrivals so that I have just enough time to use the bathroom, fill my water bottle and get to the gate when they start pre-boarding. If there's ever a delay at TSA I wind up arriving just as my zone is called or being last on the plane, but have never missed a flight. (Average 40 flights per year)
That probably works at many airports that are not MCO. I've had it take over 40 minutes to clear security at MCO.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.