Can I go to the “No Bags Security” with a tiny purse?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
And by tiny I mean *tiny*.

I have no problem with most of the security checkpoints, but I hate Epcot’s. It is always so congested and crowded and it stresses me out for some weird reason.

My purse is tiny. It’s literally a wallet with a crossbody strap. Will they let me through the “no bags” line or will they turn me away and make me go through the regular security? I’ve gone through the “no bags” section before with this purse but I am wondering what is the biggest tiny purse you can have that they will let through that section of security?

You will have to be searched. One of my family members who lives in Orlando carries what you described - always the bag line.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you need to go thru the bag line with even the smallest of "purses". If it's truly wallet sized could you wrap the strap around it & shove it in your pocket just until you get thru security? I think if it's in your pocket then you should be OK going thru the bag-less line.

I have a phone case with a card holder attached and it has a removable cross-body strap. I haven't tried to go through with only that, but I feel like if I put the phone case in my pocket and either just wear the strap around my neck or put it in another pocket, that could easily go through the no bag line.

And by tiny I mean *tiny*.

I have no problem with most of the security checkpoints, but I hate Epcot’s. It is always so congested and crowded and it stresses me out for some weird reason.

My purse is tiny. It’s literally a wallet with a crossbody strap. Will they let me through the “no bags” line or will they turn me away and make me go through the regular security? I’ve gone through the “no bags” section before with this purse but I am wondering what is the biggest tiny purse you can have that they will let through that section of security?
You'll need to go through the bag line and have it searched.

what about just a single refillable water bottle attached to a strap.
I’m bumping because this is a great question! I carry a very small sling bag to hold my Hydroflask, but have a couple of those water bottle slings. Never thought about that instead...

I have a very small wallet with a cross body strap, and as others have said you will need to go through the bag line. Or you can do what I do and just remove and fold up the strap, put it in the change part, and let your husband go through with it in his pocket. 😊 For the person above who asked about the water bottle, I would still go through the security line and be prepared to remove the water bottle from whatever you are carrying it in. I have seen that happen.

I really think it depends on the particular security person. About a month ago, at AK, I went through the no-bag line (I truly wasn’t carrying anything). At the same time, a woman with something small, as described by OP, also went through that same no-bag line. She held the wallet up, spread wide-open, and the security person nodded and waved her through. I was very surprised, as I had thought, like PPs, that any bag had to go through bag-check.

My guess is if it would fit in your pocket such as a mans wallet then you could go through the metal detectors -- they could then choose to look in it at that point if it was large enough. But my take is that it is a bag or a possible means of bringing in a weapon so they should be checking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter