Can I loan someone my Landry’s card?

DisneyParkLover

DIS Veteran
I have a good friend traveling to WDW soon that has not been able to secure a Y&Y reservation despite both of our best efforts. Could I let her borrow my card to gain entry?

When I used it last, they asked to see it again when I was ready to pay the bill (to add points to my account), but never asked for my Id. So, she might get away with it if she pays cash at the restaurant.

When I used it last, they asked to see it again when I was ready to pay the bill (to add points to my account), but never asked for my Id. So, she might get away with it if she pays cash at the restaurant.
I can't see why they'd need to pay cash. They never check ID to match someone at the table to the card. In our case, the card is in my name but I never pay myself. Usually DH does. Name not matching on credit card has never come up at all

I have a good friend traveling to WDW soon that has not been able to secure a Y&Y reservation despite both of our best efforts. Could I let her borrow my card to gain entry?
Word of note, they no longer bump Card holders to the front of the line. They can gain access to waiting list, even when they won't otherwise take walk ups but now ADR take precedence. So your wait can be longer than expected. We've waited about an hour most times since this change started

What you can try is to call and make a reservation direct with the restaurant, telling them you are a Card holder

Word of note, they no longer bump Card holders to the front of the line. They can gain access to waiting list, even when they won't otherwise take walk ups but now ADR take precedence. So your wait can be longer than expected. We've waited about an hour most times since this change started

What you can try is to call and make a reservation direct with the restaurant, telling them you are a Card holder

Do you have a phone number to do this?

Your friend can show the confirmation email if they order a card and doesn't get the physical one in the mail before their trip. I was able to do that at Yak & Yeti without an issue last October.

No need, just have them apply for the card and then use the $25 at the restaurant to offset the cost.

When did this actually happen to you?

I used mine for lunch at Y&Y in early January when there were no ADR's available and we were seated right away - party of 3.

We are planning to use our card for Y&& and RFC early April so I checked the website, and nothing has changed, Club members are eligible for priority seating.

When did this actually happen to you?

I used mine for lunch at Y&Y in early January when there were no ADR's available and we were seated right away - party of 3.

We are planning to use our card for Y&& and RFC early April so I checked the website, and nothing has changed, Club members are eligible for priority seating.
It’s happened several times. Most recent was December. First time I asked and I was told after Covid reopening it was not seating in front of adr

It’s happened several times. Most recent was December. First time I asked and I was told after Covid reopening it was not seating in front of adr

Thats too bad - I definitely would have pulled out my phone and gone straight to the Landry app and then asked for a manager.

Hoping it was a one of as I had a no issues in January.

Thats too bad - I definitely would have pulled out my phone and gone straight to the Landry app and then asked for a manager.

Hoping it was a one of as I had a no issues in January.
If you read the rules it never says you go in front of reservations

they add the wording based on availability.

Last edited:
First week of February, Landry's Card got me in without ADRs to each Y&Y, RFC, and T-Rex.

It probably depends how busy the restaurant(s) are when you present your landry's card. A lunch on a Monday isn't going to be packed like a Friday night at T-Rex in DS.

We were at Y&Y twice in December with our Landry's card and waited maybe 5 minutes one time and 20 the other. No one said anything about ADRs having priority and the day we waited 20 minutes we heard the person at the front desk tell a walk-up that the wait for a table was an hour, so we definitely got some kind of priority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter