• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I lower the number of guests on ADR without penalty?

sandymandr

DIS Veteran
Hello Disers! :love: I have ADR for CP in MK at 715 3/26/10 for 7 people. 3 friends are joining us 4 in the park that day. I'm worried that something will happen and they will have to cancel their trip. Will the 4 of us still be able to be seated without the other 3? Or should I make a backup plan?

We have had ressies for 6 and shown up with only 4 and we have never had a problem.

In fact I will be making ADRs for 6 for our next trip but ILs don't know which meals they will be joining us for. We will probably be 4 for a t least a couple of our meals again.

We almost had a problem when we wanted to decrease our reservation from 7 to 5 people. My parents ended up going home a few days early due to a work situation so we called to change our reservations. At first they acted like it would be a huge issue but eventually they were able to accommodate us. It was in the middle of May (2009) which isn't a super busy time. Maybe if we had just shown up for meals, it would have be ok?

Amanda

You can't change party size without cancelling and rebooking the reservation.

OK, well, I guess we will either make a back up plan or just wing a CS meal if they don't show! We have DxDP, so we can use credits for either. It is the last day of our trip, so we will probably be STUFFED by then anyway!! Thanks, as always, for the help!!:disrocks:

It really is not a problem to show up with less people (except at CRT when you've paid in advance:) But in this situation, keep the reservation, just notify them when you check in for your reservation that the others could not make it. It happens all the time. We've had to do that (going from 4 to 3 one time, and from 3 to 2 another) and have also checked in behind people reducing their party size at the restaurant podium. Have never seen them turn anyone away because the party size was smaller.

Now when people tried to increase the party size, once I heard them say can't be done - fully booked tonight. But another time, they just asked if they could split the larger party to two tables, or would the people be willing to wait 45 minutes or so for a large table to sit together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter