Can I not cancel on Sunday because MS isn't open?!

southgal

Mouseketeer
Is this correct? I called MS to confirm cancellation policy. Son's asthma is a factor with air quality. MS said I had til 5 today (we're due there on Monday). I asked if I couldn't call directly to resort tomorrow. She said, sure that'd probably work. So I called resort directly to make sure and they said no, we'd have to cancel today or on Monday, no go on Sunday cause MS has to handle it. Aagh!! Is there no 1-day before in this case?

I thought there was an article in the Vacation Magic awhile ago that said you could call the resort up to midnight of the night before to cancel. I would ask for a manager to confirm.

I thought there was an article in the Vacation Magic awhile ago that said you could call the resort up to midnight of the night before to cancel. I would ask for a manager to confirm.

I called back and was told I'd have to cancel today by 5 or forfeit my points on Monday. I am so torn, and no way to discuss with dh before 5. I hate having to make such a decision...

I did check for avail at our resort for next week just in case I cancel and then decide we shoulda gone -- unfortunately, there's no avail for 2BR at all there. They do have SSR open, but that's all. Oh, what to do, what to do...

If you're flexible, I would go ahead and cancel and roll with it. SSR is very nice, so you won't be disappointed there :).

Have you been checking on AirNow?
http://airnow.gov/

It says that Orlando is "Moderate" which is "unusually sensitive people should consider reducing prolonged or heavy exertion.". Is your son's asthma really bad or occasional?

Have you been checking on AirNow?
http://airnow.gov/

It says that Orlando is "Moderate" which is "unusually sensitive people should consider reducing prolonged or heavy exertion.". Is your son's asthma really bad or occasional?
That's what I was wondering -- the air quality in Orlando doesn't look bad to me. If you're driving south through Georgia, that is another matter, but in Orlando it looks pretty good.

Here in Miami, our air quality is actually rated much worse than Orlando (Unhealthy for sensitive groups), but it hasn't been bad. We have a lot of fires around, but the smoke seems to be several hundred feet up and really not a problem at the surface. I was outside all day today at the Everglades, and therefore much closer to the fires than urban Miami, and our air quality was fine on the surface. 500 feet up in a helicopter was very difficult in spots, but on the ground it was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter