Can I park at Target?

Opps So Sorry I posted that before I seen your last response. I apologize. I didnt mean to give you a hard time but like I said I hear all day long people complaining about paying for parking and it really just seems so silly to me.

Your OP was pretty vague and didnt explain things clearly to me. My apologies !!

:confused3

PS to other posters that said SPG guests can get it removed from there bill. Parking is not an elite or Platinum benefit. Maybe the hotel did as a 1 time good will gesture because you complained but it is not a benefit of the SPG Program.

Apology accepted. ;)

Opps So Sorry I posted that before I seen your last response. I apologize. I didnt mean to give you a hard time but like I said I hear all day long people complaining about paying for parking and it really just seems so silly to me.

Your OP was pretty vague and didnt explain things clearly to me. My apologies !!

WOW Really you are willing to take the risk of having a rental car towed for a $12 daily parking fee. This is a SPG Category 2 Hotel which means it is way cheaper on points and nightly rates are a lot less than Sheraton Park or Sheraton Anaheim . Still Starwood standard and besides most Hotels have a parking fee. $12 is alot better than some metro areas at $45 per day or $55.

Why do you need a rental car ? The daily shuttle which is not part of The ART system and only stops at 1 other hotel is only $3 per day for anybody over the age of 9 is what I believe the hotel told me when I called regarding my reservation. There is lots of options from the airport to hotel that are way cheaper than renting a car.

There is a target obviously across the street to pick up some snacks etc in for your room. THey have a club floor so instead of getting a car pay for the upgrade to the club floor and enjoy the cont breakfast and bottled water . Looking at the maps there is plenty of places within walking distance to get something to eat.

I am sorry, I just do not get how everyone complains about parking at hotels. Really ? I hear it all day long being in the hotel business. I just do not get it. Take the risk but is it really worth a $36 charge for parking ??????????????:confused3

Sorry, you might get tired of hearing people complain of parking fees, but I will always be one of those who complain also. It would make more sense if it was just part of the room fee and you probably wouldn't hear the complaints. :)

Sorry, you might get tired of hearing people complain of parking fees, but I will always be one of those who complain also. It would make more sense if it was just part of the room fee and you probably wouldn't hear the complaints. :)
Here's the thing, those who aren't using a car shouldn't have to pay for something built in.

When I am booking hotels, I don't base my decision on the hotel's rate, I add in parking and internet fees. Some hotels only charge $3 a day, others $12 for internet. Some offer it free.

Some offer free breakfast. But is that a breakfast *I* can use? If it is, factor that in, but if it isn't, consider that also...

You need to take into account everything YOU need at the hotel.

Ooooh Kayyy.... I guess I'll suck up the $36 charge and park at the hotel.

I do like to cut corners wherever I can when I travel (it's part of the fun for me!), but what really got me thinking of alternatives was the fact that I read reviews on tripadvisor that said the valet parking was slow and I figured I could eliminate the hassle altogether.

But you're right... I definitely don't want the hassle and expense of being towed... so I'll pay :)

If you're taking ART it shouldn't matter if the valets are slow or not. Is the Sheraton one that has a free shuttle? I think when we stayed at the Crowne Plaza last we shared a shuttle with the Sheraton and the Hyatt, but I could be mis-remembering. :)

I expected flames because I didn't think asking the question above would provoke the reaction Billibongi gave me either. It was a legitimate question. People park for free all over the US and Canada in Walmart parking lots with their RV's etc. I totally expected, was open to and listened to the advice I received.... but to insinuate I shouldn't be going to DL just because I wanted to try to be frugal in an area I thought I could?? Come on!

I did use Better Bidding as well as Bidding for Travel. I as well aware that I would likely incur parking fees in this area. It wasn't a surprise at all. When the Sheraton came up I noticed that Target is conveniently located right across the street from my hotel. YAY! Great for shopping! And like I said above, that got me wondering if it might just be cheaper/easier to do my own parking at Target to avoid the hassles that I've heard others have had with the Sheraton's valet Parking. (missing keys, vehicles left unlocked, taking a long time to fetch the vehicle) Now that I know that parking at Target will likely result in a tow... I won't do it. :) That's all I was asking.

I pricelined the car rental too (and received it for a song.... $15/day for 4 days, mid-sized) so it makes economical sense for us because there are four of us. I also usually like to take a quick trip to see the Pacific ocean while we are there. That is a big part of coming to California for us.

I see signs posted all over around here that overnight parking is not allowed and violators will be towed at their expense. This applies to RVs and semis as well as cars/trucks/vans. I work at a warehousing company and our drivers regularly ask if they can park overnight in our lot because there aren't many other places to park. It was a good idea but there are signs in the Target lot, as well as signs in the restaurant lot by the Crowne Plaza (which is next to the Sheraton). I'm glad you've decided not to do it. :)

The OP booked through Priceline, so even if she was SPG Platinum, those benefits would not apply to this stay. At the present time, free parking is not a benefit of SPG membership, even for elites. -- Suzanne

If you check my previous post, I did mention that my suggestion was for the OP's consideration for future visits, not for this one.

Also, even though free parking is not a guaranteed benefit for SPG elites, we've had our parking fees removed from our final bill time after time at Starwood hotels in the DLR area. We ask, and it gets removed. Not every time, but enough times to be more than a coincidence. I didn't promise anything for the OP in this regard, only related my own personal experience with Starwood hotels in this general location. It doesn't hurt to be a loyalty club member, and it never hurts to ask for a possible fee removal.

... I pricelined the car rental too (and received it for a song.... $15/day for 4 days, mid-sized) so it makes economical sense for us because there are four of us. I also usually like to take a quick trip to see the Pacific ocean while we are there. That is a big part of coming to California for us.
So... here's the new question you have to evaluate: Is the rental car worth $27/day plus fuel?

If the answer is yes, then you are all set (rental+parking+fuel). If that is too much, then you may want to map out a bus ride to the beach and consider skipping the car.

Just a different way to view it,
Dreams

IMO there's nothing wrong with the OP's initial question. Perhaps people who have stayed at one of those nearby resorts have parked at Target with no problem. Sounds like it's not a good idea and advice was taken. I also like to see what fees are being charged and if it's possible to do something alternative to avoid them. Hakuna Matata!

Thanks, I am a Starwood member, so I will ask. :)

If you check my previous post, I did mention that my suggestion was for the OP's consideration for future visits, not for this one.

Also, even though free parking is not a guaranteed benefit for SPG elites, we've had our parking fees removed from our final bill time after time at Starwood hotels in the DLR area. We ask, and it gets removed. Not every time, but enough times to be more than a coincidence. I didn't promise anything for the OP in this regard, only related my own personal experience with Starwood hotels in this general location. It doesn't hurt to be a loyalty club member, and it never hurts to ask for a possible fee removal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter